Jason and his wife, Victoria Chapa were excited to go check out a new home in the developing area of Marion, Texas. After walking around the home, the couple heard glass shatter and ran to their car. According to The Root, they saw Melissa Shelton, a white woman from the neighborhood smashing their windshield.
The couple mentioned that after damaging their car she began screaming racial slurs such as “ni**ers” and “sp**s” at them. Jason is Mexican America and his wife is African American. After the incident two deputies came and they identified the woman.
In a Facebook post the lawyer for the couple said, “The local police, of course, did nothing. The neighborhood housing association, the local realtors, all offered nothing but a silent endorsement of the attack. This was not Black History Month. This is not black history. This didn’t happen 50 years ago. It happened a few weeks ago. This is America 2018.” Since then Shelton has been indicted and the story is still developing.
- Urban One Inc. Announces Launch of The Urban One Podcast Network
- A Brief History Of Club And House Music
- Fans Are Swooning Over Eric Kofi-Abrefa And We Can’t Blame Them!
- RIP Anthony Lowe: Video Shows LA Cops Chasing Black Man With Amputated Legs Before Shooting Him To Death
- Money On My Mind: Lil Wayne Announces ‘Welcome To Tha Carter Tour’
- Ed Reed Claims BCU Player Was Suspended After Spotlighting Concerns About Resources
- Ride Together, Die Together: Will Smith & Martin Lawrence Announce Bad Boys 4 Is On The Way
- Tech CEO Apologizes For Invoking Martin Luther King Jr. Quote While Laying Off Employees
- Kanye West Took Nearly $15K From Presidential Funds To Pay White Nationalist Nick Fuentes
- Eyebrows & Age: Nia Long Discusses Her Odd ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Audition Rejection & Lack Of Diversity In Hollywood On The Drew Barrymore Show