James Conley III has been to Old Navy many times, but recently while there was racially profiled. Conley posted a video on Facebook claiming that workers at the store accused him of stealing the jacket he wore. The incident occurred at the Jordan Creek Town Center.
According to BET, he said, “I was accused that I didn’t pay for my blue bubble jacket that I got for Christmas that I wore into the store. As I was checking out to purchase some hoodies, I was asked if I wanted to also purchase the jacket that I was wearing.” Even after saying that the employees still wanted to scan the tag inside of the jacket to double check it was purchased.
Conley said, “Once she confirmed that I was telling the truth (after watching the tape) she never came back out to apologize to me nor did the store manager.” The customer is now being represented by Brandon Brown and Alfredo Parrish law firm. Brown said, “We have already sent out preservation demand letters and we plan on investigating into this case.” Gap Inc., which owns Old Navy released a statement saying, “Employees who violate the company’s prohibition on profiling will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.”
- Praise Break: “O Holy Night” Version That Will Make You Call Out For God [EXCLUSIVE]
- Da Brat Talks About How Wendy Williams Scared Her [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Trifling Fox News Thinks Patti LaBelle Is Aretha Franklin
- Rickey Smiley: “Work With The Spirit Of Excellence” [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why Black Tony Is Trying To Go To Morehouse College [EXCLUSIVE]
- Aretha Franklin, The Queen Of Soul, Dies At 76
- Cathy Hughes Heartwarming Statement About The Passing Of Aretha Franklin
- Why One Man Was Arrested At Arby’s [EXCLUSIVE]
- Teyana Taylor Exits Jeremih Tour: “You’ve Done Nothin’ But Act Like A Diva”
- Will Safaree’s Apology Get Nicki Minaj Back? [EXCLUSIVE]