Social media continues to get people into a lot of trouble. University of Alabama student, Harley Barber, will no longer be enrolled at the university after racist social media videos surfaced. According to Okay Player, she posted videos on Instagram on Martin Luther King Day and a lot of people found out about it.
Barber said, “I love how I act like I love black people because I f**king hate ni**ers, so that’s really interesting. I f**king hate ni**ers, but I just saved the f**king ni**ers by shutting that water off.” The university investigated it and President Stuart Bell released a statement that was shared on social media.
He said, “In light of the racist and disturbing videos posted by one of our students on social media, I want to express my personal disgust and disappointment. Like many of you, I find the videos highly offensive and deeply hurtful, not only to our students and our entire University community, but to everyone who viewed them. The actions of this student do not represent the larger student body or the values of our University, and she is no longer enrolled here.” Barber apologized and said, “I did something really, really bad. I don’t know what to do and I feel horrible. I’m wrong and there’s just no excuse for what I did.”
- Diana Ross Defends Michael Jackson After ‘Leaving Neverland’ Controversy
- Watch: Ms. Evelyn Says Iyanla Vanzant Picked On Tamar In “Braxton Family Values” First Look
- Christian Combs Opens Up About Loss Of His Mother, Kim Porter
- Tyson Recalls Nearly 70,000 Pounds Of Chicken Strips That Might Contain Metal
- Florida Teachers Can Volunteer To Carry Guns On School Grounds
- Man Charged With Attempted Murder After Stabbing Priest Multiple Times On Live [VIDEO]
- Money Moves: Cardi B Trademarks Her Signature Catchprase ‘Okurrr’
- Big Sean Opens Up About His Battle With Depression & Anxiety [VIDEO]
- Tech 9, Philadelphia Battle Rapper & Commentator, Has Passed Away
- Buju Banton Removes Homophobic Hit From Music Catalog