First it was Isaac Newton Farris, Jr. who said Trump isn’t “a racist in traditional sense.” Now Alveda King, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s niece, spoke to Fox News this morning (out of all places) to defend Trump’s racism.
“I do not believe President Donald Trump is a racist,” Alveda said, “I mean, look at everything. The economy is up, jobs are up in the Black community, there’s great promise to get a lot of people who have been unfairly incarcerated out. So, there’s so many economic opportunities, opportunities for babies in the womb. The president is working for America — period — as he’s draining the swamp.” She also added, “And African-Americans are benefiting. Our jobs are going up. Our unemployment is going down. Companies are saying they are going to raise the minimum wage and do bonuses because of the tax cuts. So, the president is helping the African-American community. And I don’t believe President Donald John Trump is a racist.”
Let’s break this down… it has been proven that the economy improving is a rollover from the Obama administration, which Trump takes the credit. We are already seeing the effects of Trump giving tax breaks to major corporations, Walmart increased their minimum wage but within days closed over 60 stores. The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union called Walmart’s wage increase a “public relations stunt” for Republicans. Expect more corporations to promote increases and bonuses but layoff thousands of people, which will not help the Black community and might undo the progress Obama made.
As far as “jobs are up in the Black community,” unemployment has been going down in the Black community for years, NPR reports, “there’s nothing specific that Trump did to change this rate.” The Trump administration hasn’t done a damn thing for the Black community — unless you count the awful things he has done: blocking fair housing, threatening free speech, hiring the despicable Betsy DeVos, wanting to re-criminalize marijuana and advocating to deport millions of Black and brown people out of the country. Plus, his white supremacist team and dangerous racism. It is safe to say Dr. King would not be a Trump supporter.
Watch Alveda defend Trump below:
- Two Facing Murder Charges for Kansas City Shooting
- White Folks Are Mad At Black-Owned Business Fair In North Las Vegas For Black History Month
- Killer Mike Explains Why He Thinks Black Men Should Marry Black Women
- Monica Responds To Accusations Of Getting BBL Surgery After Viral Concert Footage Shows Her Curves.
- Hydeia Broadbent, World-Renowned HIV/AIDS Activist, Dies at 39
- Former Rockets Player Robert Reid Dead at 68
- Reesa Teesa’s “Who TF Did I Marry?” Story Has TikTok In A Frenzy
- Oh Boy: Cam’ron Must Pay $51K For Misuse of Copyrighted Photo of Himself
- Malcolm X Assassination: Ben Crump To Introduce New Witnesses In Conspiracy Case
- What Did You Just Say? The Top 24 Gen Z Slang Phrases That Leave Older Generations Confused
Dr. King’s Niece Claims Trump Isn’t Racist Because Of Tax Cuts was originally published on newsone.com
Authorities Respond To Reports Of Shooting at Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church
Mo’Nique Offers An Apology To Oprah Winfrey And Tyler Perry
Our Favorite Super Bowl Memes, Moments, Music and Random MESS
Mo’Nique’s Feud With Son Sparks Debate On Family Fighting In Public
Worst. Flight. Ever. : Delta Flight Forced To Turn Around After Maggots Fell From Overhead Bin
Diddy Hires "Super Lawyer" Who Defended Jeffrey Epstein Co-Conspirator Ghislaine Maxwell
Mike Epps Calls Shannon Sharpe “Madea’s Sister” Amid Beef Over ‘Club Shay Shay’ Invite
Super Bowl Sightings: All The Black Hollywood Stars We Caught At Super Bowl LVIII