Dennis Edwards of the Temptations died recently in Chicago. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Grammy-winning singer died from meningitis, but now court documents allege he was abused before he passed. It is reported that his wife, Brenda Edwards abused him at home.
Before his death an investigator with the Healthcare Consortium of Illinois filed a protection order request on behalf of the singer. In the documents it states that Brenda tried to suffocate him. Edwards wasn’t able to leave from his bed and she allegedly stole his hearing aids.
Later on Dennis was removed from the home and Brenda was supposed to go to court to talk about the allegations. In a statement she said, “I loved Dennis, and we were married for 18 years. I would have never done anything to harm him. These allegations are false and defamatory and will be proven as such. Until this is all over, I have no further comment.” Chicago police have open an investigation and the family of Dennis are making arrangements for his memorial service.
- Watch Trailer: Kyla Pratt Co-Stars In New Fox Comedy ‘Call Me Kat’
- CDC Panel Votes 13-1 That COVID-19 Vaccine Should Go To Healthcare Workers & Nursing Home Residents First
- Snoop Dogg Is Launching A Boxing League With A Big Fight In The Works
- Who’s The Mack?: Ice Cube Addresses Social Media Absence Following Backlash
- Hot Spot: Pretty Ricky Member Arrested For COVID Joke At Disney World [VIDEO]
- Here’s Why The CDC Reduced Quarantine Time From 14 Days To 7-10 Days
- Freak Nasty! Couples Swingers Event Pinged as COVID Superspreader!
- Crystal Mason, Jailed For ‘Illegally Voting,’ Appeals Her Conviction: ‘I Refuse To Be Afraid’
- Pharrell To Launch New Podcast Series, OTHERtone
- Lil Wayne & Other Celebs Facing Criticism For Attending His Daughter’s Maskless Soiree In Covlanta