Dennis Edwards of the Temptations died recently in Chicago. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Grammy-winning singer died from meningitis, but now court documents allege he was abused before he passed. It is reported that his wife, Brenda Edwards abused him at home.
Before his death an investigator with the Healthcare Consortium of Illinois filed a protection order request on behalf of the singer. In the documents it states that Brenda tried to suffocate him. Edwards wasn’t able to leave from his bed and she allegedly stole his hearing aids.
Later on Dennis was removed from the home and Brenda was supposed to go to court to talk about the allegations. In a statement she said, “I loved Dennis, and we were married for 18 years. I would have never done anything to harm him. These allegations are false and defamatory and will be proven as such. Until this is all over, I have no further comment.” Chicago police have open an investigation and the family of Dennis are making arrangements for his memorial service.
- Simone Biles Out of Olympic Gymnastics Competition
- J. Lo & Ben Affleck Seemingly Recreate Her “Jenny From The Block” Video While Boo’d Up On A Boat
- Whoopi Goldberg Set To Produce & Act In a Film About Emmett Till’s Mom
- Toyota’s Basketball Robot Is Dropping Dimes At The Tokyo Olympics & It’s Scaring People
- Like Mother, Like Daughter: Tracee Ellis Ross Recreates A Fierce Photo Of Diana Ross
- George Clinton Returns From Retirement: “You’re Gonna Have To Drag Me Off”
- LL Cool J’s Rock The Bells Announces Launch of New Clothing Line “Hip-Hop Is Essential”
- Maria Taylor Makes Her Debut for NBC at the Olympics, Leaves Rachel Nichols and ESPN in Her Rear View Mirror
- Dictionary.com Adds More Than 300 New Words Including “Zaddy” and “Yeet”
- Sherri Shepherd Talks Weight Loss Journey In People Magazine’s Health Edition: ‘I’ve Never Felt Better!’