Dennis Edwards of the Temptations died recently in Chicago. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Grammy-winning singer died from meningitis, but now court documents allege he was abused before he passed. It is reported that his wife, Brenda Edwards abused him at home.
Before his death an investigator with the Healthcare Consortium of Illinois filed a protection order request on behalf of the singer. In the documents it states that Brenda tried to suffocate him. Edwards wasn’t able to leave from his bed and she allegedly stole his hearing aids.
Later on Dennis was removed from the home and Brenda was supposed to go to court to talk about the allegations. In a statement she said, “I loved Dennis, and we were married for 18 years. I would have never done anything to harm him. These allegations are false and defamatory and will be proven as such. Until this is all over, I have no further comment.” Chicago police have open an investigation and the family of Dennis are making arrangements for his memorial service.
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Go “Boneless” With Name Change
- Tiffany Boone Speaks On Jason Mitchell Drama, Uncomfortable Work Environment
- KiKi Says She Hates These Things About Girls Trips: “The Girl Constantly Texting Her Man” [VIDEO]
- Ellen Surprises Amazing Black DC Teacher Who Pampers His Students [VIDEO]
- Boris Kodjoe Subtly Reads T.I. on Making Good Decisions For a Successful Marriage
- Esther Scott, ‘Birth Of A Nation’, ‘Boyz N The Hood’ Actress, Dead At Age 66 Of Heart Attack
- Body Of Missing Fort Valley State Student Anitra Gunn Found
- Report: New York Rapper Pop Smoke Shot & Killed In Home Invasion
- BRUH: Man Kidnaps Woman, Forces Her To Watch ‘Roots’ To Better Understand Racism
- Mattel Releases New Doll In Honor Of First-Ever Black Barbie’s 40th Anniversary