Jeff Johnson let us in on three things we need to know, one including news of Taraji P. Henson launching the Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation as a tribute to her dad who died of cancer but suffered from mental illness. Its purpose is to fill a void of institutional resources in our communities for people who face trauma daily, a lot of times because they’re black.
He also spoke about Donald Trump’s actions being a distraction to what’s happening across the nation. There are a ton of African Americans running for statewide, political positions who aren’t getting enough attention and Jeff Johnson says it’s important to follow their campaigns because much of what our communities face daily is decided on a state level.
Closing out, he mentioned not being afraid to be you and stand up for your community; love yourself enough to do what nobody else is going to do for you.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6 am ET.
- Police: Jussie Smollett Is Now a Suspect, Charges Pending
- Next Man Mary J. Blige Dates Must Make More Money Than Her: “I’m Not Taking Care Of Any More Men” [VIDEO]
- Branden Miller Explains Why You Haven’t Seen Joanne The Scammer: “My Mom Died And Then My Life Went Down Hill”
- Amanda Seales Accuses Ex-NFL Player Turned Harvard Neurosurgeon Of Sexual Harassment
- Los Angeles-Bound Plane Forced To Land After Passenger Eats Meth
- Man Awakens To Find Wife Cheating On Him, Then Reportedly Stabs Her Lover
- Covington Teen Caught in Face-Off With Native American Suing Washington Post Over Incident Coverage
- Tristan Thompson Allegedly Cheated On Khloe Kardashian With Kylie Jenner’s BFF
- Man Gets Charged With 1993 Murder After Police Get His DNA Off A Napkin In The Trash
- Le’Andria Johnson Shares Her Testimony About Being In Jail For 30 Days And Overcoming Alcohol Abuse [VIDEO]