Jeff Johnson let us in on three things we need to know, one including news of Taraji P. Henson launching the Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation as a tribute to her dad who died of cancer but suffered from mental illness. Its purpose is to fill a void of institutional resources in our communities for people who face trauma daily, a lot of times because they’re black.
He also spoke about Donald Trump’s actions being a distraction to what’s happening across the nation. There are a ton of African Americans running for statewide, political positions who aren’t getting enough attention and Jeff Johnson says it’s important to follow their campaigns because much of what our communities face daily is decided on a state level.
Closing out, he mentioned not being afraid to be you and stand up for your community; love yourself enough to do what nobody else is going to do for you.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6 am ET.
- Swae Lee’s Boo Tried To Come For Ming Lee Simmons Over Her Man But Got Destroyed By Teenage Aoki Simmons (And Twitter)
- R. Kelly in Solitary Confinement, Fears for Life Behind Bars
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Flaunts Banging Body on IG & We’re ‘Green’ With Envy
- Earth, Wind & Fire, ‘Sesame Street’ Among 2019 Kennedy Center Honorees
- Report: Keke Palmer Being Considered For Permanent Position on Good Morning America
- Eddie Murphy Says Sammy Davis Jr. Revealed He Worshipped The Devil
- The Power of Twitter: Meek Mill Connects With Viral Producer, DJ Track Addict, Shares Snippet Of Song
- WHY? Man Uses Bare Feet To Operate On-Flight Video Screen [VIDEO]
- Morehouse Employee Placed On Leave After Several Students Allege Sexual Misconduct
- Spike Lee’s ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Series Canceled By Netflix After 2 Seasons