Jeff Johnson let us in on three things we need to know, one including news of Taraji P. Henson launching the Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation as a tribute to her dad who died of cancer but suffered from mental illness. Its purpose is to fill a void of institutional resources in our communities for people who face trauma daily, a lot of times because they’re black.
He also spoke about Donald Trump’s actions being a distraction to what’s happening across the nation. There are a ton of African Americans running for statewide, political positions who aren’t getting enough attention and Jeff Johnson says it’s important to follow their campaigns because much of what our communities face daily is decided on a state level.
Closing out, he mentioned not being afraid to be you and stand up for your community; love yourself enough to do what nobody else is going to do for you.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6 am ET.
- Gary’s Tea: Keyshia Ka’Oir Spends Six Figures On Diamonds, The Weeknd Being Sued For ‘Starboy’ & More
- Diddy’s Ex, Kim Porter Dead At 47
- You’ll Never Guess Gabrielle Union And Dwyane Wade’s Newborn Daughter’s Name
- Let This Be A Lesson: Michelle Obama Was Drawn To Barack Because “He Showed Me He Respected Women”
- Woman Claims She Was Attacked By Bed Bugs While Sleeping At Disneyland Hotel
- Snoop Dogg to Receive a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Remy Ma And Papoose’s ‘Grease’ Inspired Baby Shower Was So Cute! [PHOTOS]
- President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper Ramps Up With Awards, Conference
- ‘Empire’ Recap: Cookie And Lucious Kill Kingsley With Kindness
- Lil Jon To Open Up Second School In Ghana