Jeff Johnson let us in on three things we need to know, one including news of Taraji P. Henson launching the Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation as a tribute to her dad who died of cancer but suffered from mental illness. Its purpose is to fill a void of institutional resources in our communities for people who face trauma daily, a lot of times because they’re black.
He also spoke about Donald Trump’s actions being a distraction to what’s happening across the nation. There are a ton of African Americans running for statewide, political positions who aren’t getting enough attention and Jeff Johnson says it’s important to follow their campaigns because much of what our communities face daily is decided on a state level.
Closing out, he mentioned not being afraid to be you and stand up for your community; love yourself enough to do what nobody else is going to do for you.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6 am ET.
- Whew Chile! Twitter Reacts To Garcelle Beauvais 50th Birthday Message To Will Smith
- Lena Waithe & Halle Berry To Work On ‘Boomerang’ Series For BET
- Watch Will Smith Bungee Jump Into His Big 50!
- Bus Driver Charged After Letting Kids Take The Wheel [VIDEO]
- Botham Jean’s Mother Demands Amber Guyger Be Charged With Murder
- Disney Slammed Because Of Its ‘Eurocentric’ Version Of Princess Tiana
- Rickey Smiley Unleashed: “If You Want God To Do Something Extra For You, Sometimes You Have To Do Something Extra” [EXCLUSIVE]
- Hiphop Spot: Da Brat Gets Featured In Grammy Museum, J. Cole Reschedules Dreamville Festival, T.I. Curates Trap Music Museum & More
- Jesse Williams Is Now A Director And His New Film Is Seriously Relevant For 2018
- ‘We Are All Community’: Tamron Hall Previews Her New Talk Show