Music in Atlanta has it’s own feel, especially the hip-hop music. John David Washington spoke about his love of the music and how it wasn’t until he moved there that he loved it. Before that he enjoyed listening to Biggie, Tupac, but always appreciated Outkast.
He loved how they had southern accents that helped with the flow. While going to Morehouse he also loved listening to Yung Joc, Jeezy and Gucci Mane. He remembers the city being so live when that music came on in the club.
Headkrack asked him about the high school he went to and wanted to know if he went with anyone famous. John graduated with from school with Jonah Hill. Headkrack thinks they should do a movie with him in the future.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Rickey Smiley Unleashed: “If You Want God To Do Something Extra For You, Sometimes You Have To Do Something Extra” [EXCLUSIVE]
- Hiphop Spot: Da Brat Gets Featured In Grammy Museum, J. Cole Reschedules Dreamville Festival, T.I. Curates Trap Music Museum & More
- ‘We Are All Community’: Tamron Hall Previews Her New Talk Show
- J. Cole’s Dreamville Festival Rescheduled For Next Spring With New Lineup
- Booty Shake Club Loses Liquor License After Agents Exchanged Lap Dances & Drug For Food Stamps
- Missouri Boy Falls Face-First Out Of A Treehouse And Into A Metal Rotisserie Skewer—But Survives
- Kanye & His Son Threw Out First Pitches At Chicago White Sox Game
- News Roundup: Tiger Woods Back, #KanyeWestChallenge, Why Your DMs May Not Be As Safe As You Thought
- Why It’s Time To Invest And How To Get Started
- Michelle Williams & Her Fiancé Chad Johnson To Star In Reality TV Show About Love