John David Washington is still hanging out with us on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.” He spoke about what it was like to work with Spike Lee on “BlacKkKlansman” as well as meeting the real man that was the detective he plays. John mentioned that he got to see his KKK card and speak about the experience that changed his life.
During that time in that particular city no KKK attacks were done. John also spoke about watching the film for the first time and feeling embarrassed for his country because it feels so similar to what’s going on today. It’s easy to forget sometimes, but racism is very much so still around.
John also spoke about the 4th season of “Ballers” coming up and how he’s been living his best life. Acting is something that John is so passionate about and happy to follow in his dad, Denzel Washington’s footsteps. John can’t wait for fans to go check out the film and hope it not only educated them, but they enjoy it.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET!
- Watch The First Trailer For The Harriet Tubman Movie [VIDEO]
- R. Kelly’s Crisis Manager Quits
- Tyra Banks Says Being Token Black Girl Behind Past Feud With Naomi [VIDEO]
- Angela Davis To Get Her Rightful Place In The National Women’s Hall Of Fame
- Kandi Burruss Responds To Phaedra Parks Saying It’s “Amusing” That She’s Still Upset With Her [VIDEO]
- New Show Alert! Keyshia Cole Headed Back To BET With Her New Family
- Meagan Good Says She’s Prepping Her Body To Have Kids
- 24-Year-Old YouTuber Weds 61-Year-Old Girlfriend She Met On Tinder [VIDEO]
- Missing Man Found After 10 Years Behind Refrigerator Of Supermarket Where He Worked
- Cardi B Posts & Deletes Alarming ‘Wish I Was Dead’ Tweet, Fans Send Her Positivity