John David Washington is still hanging out with us on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.” He spoke about what it was like to work with Spike Lee on “BlacKkKlansman” as well as meeting the real man that was the detective he plays. John mentioned that he got to see his KKK card and speak about the experience that changed his life.
During that time in that particular city no KKK attacks were done. John also spoke about watching the film for the first time and feeling embarrassed for his country because it feels so similar to what’s going on today. It’s easy to forget sometimes, but racism is very much so still around.
John also spoke about the 4th season of “Ballers” coming up and how he’s been living his best life. Acting is something that John is so passionate about and happy to follow in his dad, Denzel Washington’s footsteps. John can’t wait for fans to go check out the film and hope it not only educated them, but they enjoy it.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET!
- Recipe: Rickey Smiley Cooks Up A Chicken Pot Pie Blunt [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Rickey Smiley Discusses Transitioning From Standup Comedy to Hosting and Reality TV [VIDEO]
- Travis Scott’s “Sicko Mode” Video Will Take You On An Adventure Through Houston [VIDEO]
- 50 Cent Beefs With Omar From ‘The Wire’ For Defending Jimmy “Henchman” Rosemond
- Tiffany Haddish Shares Painful Story That Her Stepfather Tried To Kill Her Mother
- Michael B Jordan Shows Off His Body & Asks U.S. Open Winner Naomi Osaka To “Creed 2” Premiere For Her Birthday [PHOTO]
- Quincy Jones Reveals Ray Charles Got Him Hooked On Heroin At 15
- Uncuffed: 9 Anti-Cuffing SZN Songs To Blast This Cuffing Cycle
- The O’Jays Have New Music For The First Time In 20 Years!
- Savannah State Eyes Layoffs Amid Decline In Student Enrollment