Lavar Ball is in the studio with “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” and is talking about his Big Baller brand as well as other options for kids after high school. When Lavar was playing basketball before he realized that endorsement deals was good and that you can make more money off the court than on it. He wants ball players to know their self worth.
Lavar began the JBA League for kids that are talented, but can’t go to college or pass the SAT exam. He mentioned that schools want you to study chemistry and other things they won’t use in the future, but the JBA gives them an opportunity. Lavar sells JBA jerseys and those kids get a percentage of money from the sales.
They’re also able to stay near their family and could possibly get drafted from it. Lavar mentioned that when you go to college, the college and companies they work with are making money of your jersey and it’s not right. He also spoke about how all his sons tried different sports, but picked basketball.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- 10 Child Stars From The 2000’s Who Grew Up To Be Fine AF (Some You Won’t Believe)
- Big Sean Gifts Detroit-Based Boys & Girls Club With New Production Studio
- Tennessee Barber Gives Discounts To Youngsters Who Read During Their Haircuts
- Princeton Program Aims To Increase Black Leadership In Art
- Disgusting! Almost of Americans Admit to Not Wearing Clean Underwear Everyday!
- Twins Launch Philadelphia’s First Black-Owned Delivery Service
- Report: Stephen Curry To Launch First-Ever Golf Program At Howard
- Boosie Badazz Faces 2 Felony Charges Connected To April Drug Bust
- WTF: Here’s What Happened When A Guy Bet $100,000 On A Single Number In Roulette
- Hot Girl Summer! Wendy Williams Posts Pic With Bearded Mystery Man