Lavar Ball is in the studio with “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” and is talking about his Big Baller brand as well as other options for kids after high school. When Lavar was playing basketball before he realized that endorsement deals was good and that you can make more money off the court than on it. He wants ball players to know their self worth.
Lavar began the JBA League for kids that are talented, but can’t go to college or pass the SAT exam. He mentioned that schools want you to study chemistry and other things they won’t use in the future, but the JBA gives them an opportunity. Lavar sells JBA jerseys and those kids get a percentage of money from the sales.
They’re also able to stay near their family and could possibly get drafted from it. Lavar mentioned that when you go to college, the college and companies they work with are making money of your jersey and it’s not right. He also spoke about how all his sons tried different sports, but picked basketball.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- A$AP Rocky Says He’s Not Embarrassed By Sex Addiction
- Gabrielle Union Says Casting Director Once Chose Bianca Lawson For A Role Over Her Because She Was “Prettier”
- This Is What Happened When Mike From “Bachelor In Paradise” Asked Keke Palmer Out On A Date On Live TV
- Watch Tisha Campbell Tearfully Reunite With Unsuspecting Half-Sister On The Real
- Hail To The King! Regina King Slays Her Marie Claire Cover
- Lauren London Granted Guardianship Over The Estate of Her & Nipsey Hussle’s Son
- Author Alice Walker Responds To Homophobic Actress Fired From ‘The Color Purple’ Production
- Gabrielle Union Shuts Down IG With Pics Of Her Natural Curls
- Dave East Reflects On How Hiphop Shaped His Upbringing [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Rack City: Tyga Inks Multi-Million Dollar Deal With Columbia Records