Lavar Ball is in the studio with “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” and is talking about his Big Baller brand as well as other options for kids after high school. When Lavar was playing basketball before he realized that endorsement deals was good and that you can make more money off the court than on it. He wants ball players to know their self worth.
Lavar began the JBA League for kids that are talented, but can’t go to college or pass the SAT exam. He mentioned that schools want you to study chemistry and other things they won’t use in the future, but the JBA gives them an opportunity. Lavar sells JBA jerseys and those kids get a percentage of money from the sales.
They’re also able to stay near their family and could possibly get drafted from it. Lavar mentioned that when you go to college, the college and companies they work with are making money of your jersey and it’s not right. He also spoke about how all his sons tried different sports, but picked basketball.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Front Page News: The Fourth Of July Brought Gun Violence Across The Country [WATCH]
- What Is Blackout Day? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Black Tony Scammed People Out Of Rickey Smiley Cruise Tickets! [WATCH]
- Lizzo Claps Back At Homeowner Who Kicked Her Out Of Vacation Rental Early
- 8-Year-Old Secoriea Turner Fatally Shot Near Location Of Rayshard Brooks’ Death
- Uber Launches “No Mask, No Ride” Campaign Due To Rising COVID-19 Numbers
- Christopher Columbus Statue Recovered From Baltimore’s Harbor
- Phaedra Parks Explains Why She’s Celibate With Her Current Boyfriend Medina
- Cardi B Hops On Tik Tok Trend Showing Love To Offset Using Rasheeda’s “Marry Me” [WATCH]
- Rickey Smiley’s Daughter Shot 3 Times In Houston [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]