Derez De’Shon came by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about his hit song “Hardaway” and how life was growing up. As a kid he didn’t have much and always wondered how other lived. He also revealed he came from a single-parent household, where his dad raised him.
His father was very hard on him more than his younger brothers, but it made him the man he is today. Growing up he learned from his mistakes and hungered for more in life. Derez wasn’t sure if he was going to be a rapper when he grew up and began writing poetry when he was younger.
His poetry had a certain hip-hop element to it and he enjoyed that. Headkrack believes that Derez if he wanted to could put out an album with him only singing and speaking ad libs. For now Derez is enjoying life while he’s still here.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- How To Enjoy Thanksgiving As A New Vegan
- Meet Shuwanza Goff, The Black Woman Who Will Help Advance Biden’s Agenda On Capitol Hill
- Everyone Is Counting On Black Women Again To Go The Distance In Georgia’s Senate Runoff Race
- Megan Thee Stallion Reveals She Is Texting Buddies With The Carters
- Violent History Of Florida Deputy Who Fatally Shot Black Teens Prompts Concerns As Families Of Victims Await Answers
- GRAMMYs 2021: Full List Of Gospel Nominees
- Burt’s Bees Issues An Apology After Offensive Holiday Ad Features A Fatherless Black Family
- Future Hendrix: A Series Of Our Favorite Future Memes
- John Boyega Spoke to President of Lucasfilm About Diversity In ‘Star Wars’
- It’s A Wrap: Alana Mayo Files For Divorce From Lena Waithe