Derez De’Shon came by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about his hit song “Hardaway” and how life was growing up. As a kid he didn’t have much and always wondered how other lived. He also revealed he came from a single-parent household, where his dad raised him.
His father was very hard on him more than his younger brothers, but it made him the man he is today. Growing up he learned from his mistakes and hungered for more in life. Derez wasn’t sure if he was going to be a rapper when he grew up and began writing poetry when he was younger.
His poetry had a certain hip-hop element to it and he enjoyed that. Headkrack believes that Derez if he wanted to could put out an album with him only singing and speaking ad libs. For now Derez is enjoying life while he’s still here.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- John David Washington Explains Why He Used To Lie About Being Denzel Washington’s Son
- Daniel Kaluuya To Star As Fred Hampton In ‘Judas and the Black Messiah’
- Gary’s Tea: Lala Opens Up About Co-Parenting With Carmelo Anthony [WATCH]
- Black Tony Finally Explains Why He Never Comes To Work! [VIDEO]
- Oprah Erects 26 Billboards Around Louisville Calling For Justice For Breonna Taylor
- Op Alert: Republicans Fear Kanye West Presidential Run Could Backfire On Donald Trump
- LeBron James Has The Perfect Response To Donald Trump Not Watching NBA Restart Games
- Music Producer Detail Arrested on Multiple Sexual Assault Charges
- Nia DaCosta: Everything To Know About First Black Woman Directing Marvel Movie
- Keke Palmer Announces She Will Host The 2020 VMA’s And New Show On Disney Plus