Derez De’Shon came by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about his hit song “Hardaway” and how life was growing up. As a kid he didn’t have much and always wondered how other lived. He also revealed he came from a single-parent household, where his dad raised him.
His father was very hard on him more than his younger brothers, but it made him the man he is today. Growing up he learned from his mistakes and hungered for more in life. Derez wasn’t sure if he was going to be a rapper when he grew up and began writing poetry when he was younger.
His poetry had a certain hip-hop element to it and he enjoyed that. Headkrack believes that Derez if he wanted to could put out an album with him only singing and speaking ad libs. For now Derez is enjoying life while he’s still here.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Jini Thornton Shares Money Moves You Should Take Care Of Before The End Of The Year [WATCH[
- Gary’s Tea: Cynthia Bailey Explains Why She’s Leaving RHOA [WATCH]
- Kyrie Irving Anti-Vax Compared To Capitol Riots: ‘January 6 Energy’
- Insecure Push Style And Fashion On The Front Line In Their Season 5 Debut
- Rare Legal Proceeding Examining Eric Garner’s Killing Set To Start Monday
- Snoop Dogg’s Mom Beverly Tate Passes Away After Long Illness
- Freeway Mourns The Passing Of His Daughter Harmony
- In Honor Of Breast Cancer Awareness Hear About The “Lift Your Pearls & Check Your Girls” Initiative
- Everything You Need To Know About The COVID-19 Booster Shots [WATCH]
- Jeezy Gets Real About Hustling At An Early Age For TV One’s ‘UNCENSORED’