Derez De’Shon performed live for the crowd during the morning show’s broadcast from Atlanta’s City Winery. Then, he chatted with everyone about the inspiration for the song and how he got through a period of doubt and feeling like quitting the rap game. He also shares some touching words for a friend who has passed on, and reveals the artist he really wants to work with.
Derez also talks about how he gives back to his community in Atlanta, and talks about the craziest thing anyone has ever asked him for since he’s made it big. He reveals his celebrity crush, He shares some advice that he has for anyone grinding to pursue their dreams. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Discovery+ and Oprah Team Up For New Series ‘The Great Soul Food Cook-Off’
- Martin Lawrence Talks LIT AF Tour, New Drama Movie Coming Soon, & Favorite ‘Martin’ Characters [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: R. Kelly Placed On Suicide Watch + Lil Nas X Gets His Own Day In Atlanta [WATCH]
- HBCU Paul Quinn College Might Have The Best Basketball Court Ever Made
- Gold Digger: Kim Kardashian Paid Kanye West $23 Million To Keep Hidden Hills Home During Divorce
- Facebook Reportedly Planning “Rebrand” With New Name
- BET Is Bringing The ‘2021 Soul Train Awards’ To Apollo Theater For The First Time Ever
- Prayers For The Family Of The Five Teens Killed In Capital Boulevard Crash
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict And Her Fashionable Family Slay On Instagram
- Grambling University Shooting Leaves 1 Dead, 7 Injured Days After Another Fatal Gun Incident On Campus