Many celebrities have been boycotting the NFL. T.I. talked to “The Rickey Smiley Show” about boycotting the NFL for another season and mentioned that players rights aren’t being respected. He mentioned that the United States military pays the NFL for them to sing the national anthem at every game.
T.I. called that paid patriotism and spoke about how he’s seen girls cut up a flag to make a bathing suit and that’s just as disrespectful. People will be mad about players taking a knee for the national anthem, but won’t say anything about the innocent Black life that was taken. These are the reasons why T.I. won’t support the NFL.
He even said he wouldn’t go to a game or buy a jersey. T.I. believes if people stop watching these games the Nielsen rate will go down and this will cause the NFL to lose money. When asked if he would perform for the Superbowl that will be in Atlanta next year, T.I. said he would for the right price. The money he makes from that will be used to create programs in low-income communities.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Serial Entrepreneur Jeannetta Collier On How She Broke Up With Her 9 To 5 & Teaches Women To Do The Same
- What’s Trending: What Are Your Thoughts On Year 1 Of The Biden-Harris Administration? [WATCH]
- Is Black Tony Finally Coming To Work Or Is He Dead!? [WATCH]
- Wendy Williams New Health Update Alleges Memory Loss, Inability To Dress Herself & Spiraling Functionality
- What’s Next For Voting Rights? Disappointed Civil Rights Leaders Won’t Give Up After Manchin, Sinema ‘Let Down’ Americans
- Watch Trailer: ‘grown-ish’ Returns With More Drama & New Romances In Season 4 Trailer
- Morehouse College Develops New Institute To Study Issues That Affect Black Men
- Cardi B Vows To Pay Funeral Expenses For Victims Of Bronx Apartment Fire
- Raekwon Teams With Diadora And Foot Locker To Launch Community Initiative
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s “Caught Up” | Episode 51