Many celebrities have been boycotting the NFL. T.I. talked to “The Rickey Smiley Show” about boycotting the NFL for another season and mentioned that players rights aren’t being respected. He mentioned that the United States military pays the NFL for them to sing the national anthem at every game.
T.I. called that paid patriotism and spoke about how he’s seen girls cut up a flag to make a bathing suit and that’s just as disrespectful. People will be mad about players taking a knee for the national anthem, but won’t say anything about the innocent Black life that was taken. These are the reasons why T.I. won’t support the NFL.
He even said he wouldn’t go to a game or buy a jersey. T.I. believes if people stop watching these games the Nielsen rate will go down and this will cause the NFL to lose money. When asked if he would perform for the Superbowl that will be in Atlanta next year, T.I. said he would for the right price. The money he makes from that will be used to create programs in low-income communities.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Carmelo Anthony Blasts Cheating Rumors: “That Sh*t Is Not Cool At All”
- Doctor In Danger Of Losing Medical License For Praying With Patients
- Watch: Cardi B Gets Nude, Has a Threesome and Kills Several In New ‘Press’ Video
- “It Wasn’t Another Person”: Monica Talks Divorce & Continuing To Support Shannon Brown
- You Gets No Love: Faith Evans & Stevie J Unfollowed Each Other On Instagram
- “I Lost Everything Twice”: Fantasia Explains Why She Cooks Her Own Food, Drives Her Own Car And Does Everything For Herself
- Wendy Williams’ Son Kevin Hunter Jr. Pleads Not Guilty To Punching Father In Assault Case [VIDEO]
- 56 Years Later, Louisiana Mayor Apologizes to Sam Cooke For Racist Treatment
- Meghan McCain Wants You To Know Her Father Suffered More Than Migrant Children Dying In Detention Centers
- With LeBron James Confirming That Space Jam 2 Has Began Filming, The Michael Jordan Comparisons Should End