Last year Papa John’s found themselves facing backlash after its founder, John Schnatter criticized the NFL over the national anthem protests by players. He also accused the players of making his company lose money over it. Schnatter later apologized and stepped down as the CEO.
News Channel 12 reports that the pizza chain has decided to end being the official sponsor of the NFL. They aren’t ending their entire relationship, but will focus on only 22 of the leagues teams and players. Who do you think will officially sponsor the NFL next?
RELATED: How Lil Jon Could Save Papa John’s
- Rickey Smiley $500 A Day Contest!
- Why Black Men Should Try Frolicking
- ‘Martin’ Reunion Locks In Date On BET+ This June
- Gov. Greg Abbott Uses Racist Chicago Trope After Uvalde Shooting
- Latto Shows Off Her Curves In A Prada Look
- Meghan Markle Visits Uvalde Memorial For Texas School Shooting Victims
- Black-Owned Company City Fresh Foods Inks Historic Contract With Boston Public Schools
- Texas Shooter’s Mom Says Son Is “Not A Monster” But Can Be “Aggressive”
- Colin Kaepernick Awarded Honorary Degree From Morgan State University
- Legendary Songstress Mary J. Blige Named One Of Time’s Most Influential People