Last year Papa John’s found themselves facing backlash after its founder, John Schnatter criticized the NFL over the national anthem protests by players. He also accused the players of making his company lose money over it. Schnatter later apologized and stepped down as the CEO.
News Channel 12 reports that the pizza chain has decided to end being the official sponsor of the NFL. They aren’t ending their entire relationship, but will focus on only 22 of the leagues teams and players. Who do you think will officially sponsor the NFL next?
RELATED: How Lil Jon Could Save Papa John’s
- Rickey Smiley Thanks Those Who Attended Brandon Smiley’s ‘Standing Ovation’ Memorial [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: Beyoncé Breaks Record For Most GRAMMY Wins In History [WATCH]
- Should The Monday After Super Bowl Be A National Holiday? [WATCH]
- Lizzo Credits Prince & Beyoncé During Grammy Speech
- Beyoncé Is Now The Most Grammy Awarded Artist In History With 32 Wins
- Viola DavisIs Officially An EGOT Winner After Recent Grammy Win
- Harlem-Based High School Squash Team Makes Sports History
- Lizzo ‘Hard Launches’ Her Boyfriend On Instagram After Pre-Grammys Party
- Former First Lady Michelle Obama To Launch Podcast Inspired By Memoir ‘The Light We Carry’
- Hip-Hop Legend E-40 Donates $100K To His Alma Mater Grambling State University