Lena Waithe is climbing the ladder of success. She already has an Emmy Award under her belt, a successful show on Showtime titled, “The Chi” and just got some more good news. Deadline reports that TBS has given a green light to shoot her series “Twenties.”
Waithe wrote the show nearly nine years ago when she was in her 20’s. It is all about a queer Black girl and her two best friends that are trying to chase their dreams. The comedy will talk about finding love, messing up in life and so much more.
She posted about it on Instagram to share the news with fans. Waithe said, “This really is a dream come true. Never give up on those projects that people say will never happen. Just keep pushing. Grateful to the folks at TBS and my whole team for believing with me. #Twenties #NoMoreSidekicks.” Congratulations to Lena Waithe!
RELATED: “The Chi” Lands Second Season
- Attorney Ben Crump Shares Details On The Police Shooting Of Walter Wallace In Philly [WATCH]
- Ashley Blaine Featherson On How ‘Bad Hair’ Is Changing Conversations In Black Culture
- Forget The Critics: Serena Shows Out For The Gram In Her Stuart Weitzman Boots
- Trump Holds Another Super-Spreader Event To Celebrate Swearing In Supreme Court Justice
- Barack Obama Joins HBO’s ‘The Shop: Uninterrupted’ This Friday
- Netflix Nabs Jaden Michael To Play Younger Colin Kaepernick In Series About QB’s Childhood
- LaKeith Stanfield Stars As First Black Samurai In Netflix Series ‘Yasuke’
- Rep. Cedric Richmond Says Biden Campaign Never Told Ice Cube To Hold On Until After Election
- Donald Trump Claims ’60 Minutes’ Interview Walk Out Showed “Strength”
- Counselor Yunetta Spring Shares How To Deal With Election Anxiety [WATCH]