Lena Waithe is climbing the ladder of success. She already has an Emmy Award under her belt, a successful show on Showtime titled, “The Chi” and just got some more good news. Deadline reports that TBS has given a green light to shoot her series “Twenties.”
Waithe wrote the show nearly nine years ago when she was in her 20’s. It is all about a queer Black girl and her two best friends that are trying to chase their dreams. The comedy will talk about finding love, messing up in life and so much more.
She posted about it on Instagram to share the news with fans. Waithe said, “This really is a dream come true. Never give up on those projects that people say will never happen. Just keep pushing. Grateful to the folks at TBS and my whole team for believing with me. #Twenties #NoMoreSidekicks.” Congratulations to Lena Waithe!
RELATED: “The Chi” Lands Second Season
- LL Cool J Raising Money For Cancer Research, Inspired By Wife
- Black Tony & Rickey Smiley To Be Roommates? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Doctor Who Made Music Videos During Plastic Surgeries Faces Lawsuit For Alleged Brain Damage To Patient
- SZA Is Taking Time Off Of TDE’s Championship Tour
- Court Rules That Trump Can’t Block People On Twitter
- Milwaukee Bucks Player Sterling Brown To Sue City Cops For Unlawful Tasing [VIDEO]
- Tomi Lahren Had Drink Thrown At Her [VIDEO]
- The NFL Has Reached A “Compromise” On The National Anthem Policy
- Kelis Made Close To $1 Million Last Year, Still Wants More Child Support From Nas
- T.I. Is Irate Over Houston’s Restaurant Assault Incident In Atlanta [VIDEO]