Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- R. Kelly Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison In Federal Sex Trafficking & Abuse Case
- NFL Reportedly Wants Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson To Be Suspended Indefinitely
- Hot Spot: Why Is P-Valley’s Sex Scene Getting Backlash? [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: It’s Gary’s Birthday! + Why Is Drake Ignoring His Fans? [WATCH]
- Jail Justice? Nipsey Hussle’s Accused Murderer Got Slashed, ‘Beaten’ Behind Bars, Lawyer Says
- Lori Harvey Reveals She’s In ‘A Really Good Space’ And Excited About The Summer
- ESPN Announces Full List Of Nominees for 2022 ESPY Awards
- Kyrie Irving Calls Out Stephen A. Smith On Twitter, The ‘First Take’ Host Responds
- Wendy Williams Opens Up About Her Battle With Lymphedema And Discusses Plans For A Podcast
- Florida Bans Cars Playing Loud Music 10 Years After Jordan Davis’ Murder