Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- Why People Are Questioning One Mans Marriage [EXCLUSIVE]
- Prosperity Preacher Reportedly Disappeared With Nearly Half A Million Dollars
- Tracy Morgan & Tiffany Haddish Series “The Last O.G.” Trailer [VIDEO]
- Wendy Williams Forced To Take A Three-Week Hiatus [VIDEO]
- Gary With Da Tea Might Know Why Birdman Can’t Pay Lil Wayne Back [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Blac Chyna’s New Business Venture
- Tavis Smiley Lawsuit Claims PBS Suspension For Sexual Misconduct Was Racist
- Dish Nation Crew Inspires Young Kids At “Black Panther” Screening [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Why Jill Scott Bought A Mountain
- Sade To Release New Song For “A Wrinkle In Time” Soundtrack