Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- LL Cool J Raising Money For Cancer Research, Inspired By Wife
- Black Tony & Rickey Smiley To Be Roommates? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Doctor Who Made Music Videos During Plastic Surgeries Faces Lawsuit For Alleged Brain Damage To Patient
- SZA Is Taking Time Off Of TDE’s Championship Tour
- Court Rules That Trump Can’t Block People On Twitter
- Milwaukee Bucks Player Sterling Brown To Sue City Cops For Unlawful Tasing [VIDEO]
- Tomi Lahren Had Drink Thrown At Her [VIDEO]
- The NFL Has Reached A “Compromise” On The National Anthem Policy
- Kelis Made Close To $1 Million Last Year, Still Wants More Child Support From Nas
- T.I. Is Irate Over Houston’s Restaurant Assault Incident In Atlanta [VIDEO]