But following the success of her album and the role their split played in helping it reach acclaim status, Isaacs, reportedly requested an increase in spousal support because of it. According to TheBlast.com, he also claims he’s been unable to find employment because Blige continues to discuss their split publicly.
Blaming the success of songs like, “Love Yourself,” and “Set Me Free,” tracks he allegedly refers to as “divorce songs,” Isaacs believes Blige should increase her monthly spousal support payments to $65,000.
He is also demanding another $345,000 for pay he believes she owes him for the time he worked as her personal manager during her King & Queen of Hearts tour.
endu insists Mary has been using interviews as an opportunity to defame him. He blames her criticism for his inability to find another job, despite his “aggressive efforts” to do so.
“In fact, petitioner has financially benefitted from this divorce because she used it as a platform to promote her new music, album, and tour,” Kendu wrote in court papers, obtained by Bossip. “Since the divorce was initiated, she has released at least two songs that have been dubbed her ‘divorce’ songs. The evidence will show that petitioner reaped a substantial profit from this divorce.”
With the latest filing, Isaacs continues to argue that he deserves half of Mary’s earnings for work he did for her throughout their marriage. He’s reportedly demanding “half of her royalties, residuals, and commissions that Mary earned from her music, film, and TV work during their nearly 13-year marriage.”
- Chris Rock Says White People Are ‘Mentally Handicapped’ Abusers Who Don’t Understand Racism
- The Black Ballot: How Do HBCUs Fit Into ‘The Black Vote’?
- AG Bill Barr Compares National Mandate For Coronavirus Lockdowns To Slavery
- Foot Locker Partners With Rock The Vote, Customers Will Be Able To Register To Vote In Stores
- Here’s What NeNe Leakes Had To Say About Not Returning To Real Housewives Of Atlanta
- Floyd Mayweather Has Reportedly Been Offered A Contract To Fight Logan Paul
- Hot Spot: Twitter Blocks Kanye West Because Of His Contract Outburst [WATCH]
- National President of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. Beverly Evans Smith Shares How Communities Will Benefit From The 2020 Census [WATCH]
- Kanye West Pisses On His Grammy Award, Dubs Himself ‘Baby Putin’
- Mom Of Eric Garner, Launches Petition To Declare September 15 “Eric Garner Day” In NYC