Sherri Shepherd is normally happy and funny on her social media accounts, but wasn’t having a great day earlier this week. On Instagram, Shepherd told a story about going to Staples and allegedly being denied to use the bathroom. One of the workers told her and a friend that the bathrooms were out of order and told them they had to go to Rite Aid.
View this post on Instagram
Just got cursed out by a cashier @staples at 4641 Santa Monica Blvd in LA. My girlfriend @kimrtavares & I were there to get supplies for a seminar when Kim asked where was their restroom & we were told they were broken and we needed t go to @riteaid – Kim walked over to #RiteAid but their bathroom was in use so she came back to #Staples. Another employee gave us the combination to their #bathroom which worked fine. When questions The manager (Edgar) said the cashier Janice Reyes May have said it bc the bathrooms needed to be cleaned. They were clean and working bc I used it. When I questioned Miss Reyes on why she said that at first she wouldn’t answer and then said “we are told to tell people if they don’t buy they can’t use our bathroom” when I said well we were customers – you should have stated your policy instead of lying, Ms Reyes starts screaming “I am not going to take this shit. I am not going to take this fucking shit!” And she storms off but not before it got heated w Kim. #Staples this treatment by an employee is unacceptable. It was embarrassing – and had I had my son Jeffrey w me it would’ve been a different situation. Your employees are participating in racial profiling. I will take my business to @amazon or @OfficeDepot where customer service is better . Miss Reyes May be going through personal issues but if she is, then she should be doing something else at Staples rather than dealing with customers. And the fact that none of the employees did anything? It should be on their cameras. #unacceptable #pleaseshare #amazon #officedepot #oncamera #blackhistorymonth #injusticia #injustices #kimtavares #saynotoracism
Shepherd said that when her friend came back they proceeded to ask someone else that worked at the store about the bathroom and got a different answer. She was fed up and that’s when the original employee told them that only customers that purchase merchandise are allowed to use the bathroom. That’s when the comedian got a bit upset.
Shepherd said, “Well we were customers – you should have stated your policy instead of lying.” In the video she mentioned that after this happened the worker cursed at them and then walked off the job. Shepherd thought it was unprofessional and at that moment wished she could had said more, but decided not to. The comedian will never use Staples again and will not accept service like this.
- Tevin Campbell To Appear On ‘Queen Sugar’ After Ava DuVernay Pulled Some Strings
- Negative Phrases You Need To Stop Saying
- Pooch Hall Strikes Plea Deal In DUI, Child Endangerment Case
- Breaking Down Trust Issues: Experts Examine The Trauma Behind The Hurt
- Voletta Wallace & Faith Evans File Suit Against Snowboard Company For Using Biggie’s Image
- Daniel Caesar Calls Out Black People, Dave Chappelle Comments & More In Drunken Rant [VIDEO]
- Jordyn Woods Bombarded ‘With Lucrative Business Deals’ After Kardashian Cheating Drama
- Tyler Perry Helps Children Whose Mother Was Recently Shot And Killed By Her Boyfriend
- Getting Bored In Your Relationship? That Could Be A Good Thing
- Texas Woman Gives Birth To Sextuplets In Nine Minutes