Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson was excited to announce that he’s playing the legendary folklore, John Henry for the Netflix movie. CBS News states that Henry is known as an African-American folk hero. He was a steel driver that worked very hard until his heart stopped from stress.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Johnson went on social media to post a trailer of the film and said, “WHEN THE MAN COMES AROUND. Inspired to bring to life one of my childhood heroes, John Henry, in JOHN HENRY & THE STATESMEN. In this movie, I’ll lead an ensemble of the most popular folklore figures and legends from different cultures around the world. @NETFLIX is the perfect partner & platform to bring these global folklore icons to life. “
The director, Jake Kasden, who worked with Johnson on “Jumanji,” is excited to work with him again. Twitter users sounded off and aren’t happy about Johnson playing this role because Henry is a dark-skinned black man.
Johnson is mixed, but in the past has played White, Black as well as Pacific Islander characters. Who would you rather see in this role?
- Bun B Reportedly Shoots Home Invader, Suspect Arrested
- Towanda Finally Reveals The Secret Man In Her Life [PHOTOS]
- 13-Year-Old Girl Dies After Fight Outside Middle School In Houston
- Blac Chyna Says She’s Working On Being A Better Version Of Herself
- Elizabeth Warren’s Plan To Cancel Student Loan Debt Has Folks Sharing Horror Stories With #CancelMyDebt
- Russell Wilson Buys Amazon Stock For Seahawks Offensive Lineman
- Diddy Reveals Kim Porter’s Final Words To Him, Covers ESSENCE With His Beautiful Baby Girls
- Pastor Says Boy Thrown From Balcony Is In Recovery, No Brain Damage
- Travis and Jackie Greene Welcome Baby Boy [PHOTOS]
- Will Smith Takes On His Younger Self In First Trailer For Sci-Fi Flick ‘Gemini Man’