With the recent suicides of Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain, Rickey Smiley spoke with Dr. Alduan Tartt. He talked about how suicide is the 10th leading cause of death and that at least 1 happens every 12 minutes. Dr. Alduan mentioned that men use more lethal means than women.
Signs that people need to look out for are changes in behavior especially when they feel like they are a burden to everyone. Dr. Alduan believes that you should not ask them if they want to commit suicide, but rather how they feel.
When people don’t have the ability to feel anything that’s when they are numb and not a good feeling.
He also spoke about how sleep can affect your decisions. Dr. Alduan also believes that you must watch as they become disconnected from family as well as friends.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Put Some Respek on Her Name: Was Maya Angelou’s Response To This Girl Rude?
- Soledad O’Brien Mourns The Loss Of Her Mother Just 40 Days After Her Father’s Death
- Trailer: Dennis Quaid Is Meagan Good and Michael Ealy’s Worst Nightmare In ‘The Intruder’ [VIDEO]
- Don’t Be A Creep: Twitter Calls Out Kodak Black For Sexually Harassing Young M.A
- Meek Mill Drops First Trailer for Amazon Prime 6-Part Docu-Series ‘Free Meek’
- 8 Things We Learned From J. Cole’s Interview With ‘GQ’
- Louisiana Accidentally Gave Back $26 Million In Tax Refunds
- True Story: One Woman Almost Dies From A Stroke After Bae Shows Her What Dat Mouf Do
- Scholarship Created in Name of Slain Chicago Doctor
- Alicia Keys Will Release Her Memoir ‘More Myself’ In November