Israel Houghton says he’s tired of hiding in plain sight. The worship leader says that on his new release Reckless Love, he’ll be honest in a way he couldn’t be in church. Houghton, who is now married to actress/singer and The Real co-host Adrienne Bailon will drop an EP in the spring. He says the single represents his transparency before the Lord.
“It’s torment to look in the mirror and not recognize the man in the reflection. How amazing would it be to love someone through their honest and ugly moments?! It takes a journey to work off the mask to become authentic and whole. Honesty is the door to finding a love that brings an identity found only in Christ,” he continued in the new video promotion.
Houghton, 46, went on to say that for years he felt like he had to wear a mask because of his position in the church. But he maintains that those days are over. Houghton quoted Isaiah 50:11, which says those presenting an illusion will lie in “torment.”
“I’ve been in the best of the best ministries, the best green rooms and stages receiving praise of how great I am, while living in torment with myself knowing everything was not OK as it appeared,” he confessed.
No one really knew “who he was,” he added.
The Grammy Award-winner is now looking to end that facade with the release of his new single.
In 2016, Houghton admitted that he had ‘failed and sinned’ in his 20-year marriage. After his divorce, he and Bailon married in November 2016.
- The 9 Best DMX Features And Collaborations
- Attorney Ben Crump Shares Update On Derek Chauvin Trial + Recent Shooting In Minnesota [WATCH]
- Keri Hilson Talks New Lifetime Movie “Lust: A Seven Deadly Sins Story” By Bishop T.D. Jakes [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: DMX To Be Honored With A Statue In His Hometown Yonkers, New York [WATCH]
- Mississippi Mobile Vaccination Efforts Increase Access For Older Residents
- BET’s ‘Baldwin Hills’ Star Gerren Taylor Dead at 30
- Still Canceled?: Lil Mama “Hasn’t Heard Back” From Jay Z & Alicia Keys After Apologizing
- Partial Ban On No-Knock Warrants Signed Into Kentucky Law After Bipartisan Compromise
- Kyrie Irving Gets Angry When Dennis Schröder Calls Him The N-Word
- DMX Eulogized By Swizz Beatz [Video]
Behind the Scenes at The Willie Moore Jr. Show [PHOTOS]
1. The Manns
1 of 11
2. Willie Moore with Evelyn Lozada and her daughter
2 of 11
3. Mary Mary and Willie
3 of 11
4. No Malice and Willie
4 of 11
5. Willie and Jennifer Williams
5 of 11
6. William Mcdowell
6 of 11
7. The Hairstons
7 of 11
8. Dr. Ian Smith with Willie Moore Jr.
8 of 11
9. The Walls Group stopped by!
9 of 11
10. Willie Moore with the "Growing up Hip-Hop" cast
10 of 11
11. Willie Moore with the Ron Carter Academy
11 of 11
Israel Houghton Says He Couldn’t Be Honest In His Church was originally published on blackamericaweb.com