Papa John’s is no longer the official pizza sponsor of the NFL and Pizza Hut has taken over for them. John Schnatter, CEO of Papa John’s spoke out about how the NFL protest was making his company lose money. Complex reports that there is more bad news facing the famous pizza store.
The former Broncos quarterback, Peyton Manning sold off his stake in 31 Denver locations two days before the NFL dropped Papa John’s as its sponsor. Several years ago when Manning signed a contract with the Broncos he also made a deal with Papa John’s International. It’s been six rewarding years with them and believed it was the right decision.
Manning will continue to work with the pizza franchise and act as the brand’s celebrity spokesman and brand ambassador. Papa John’s is still looking to make marketing deals with 22 of the 32 NFL teams. We will find out who will accept the deal when the season begins.
RELATED: How Lil Jon Could Save Papa John’s
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Remembers Brandon Smiley [WATCH]
- New Couple Alert & Pastor Claims Demons Play Rihanna in Hell [WATCH]
- #SoulBowl: Patrick Mahomes, Jalen Hurts Make First Black Quarterback’s To Matchup In Super Bowl History
- Ashanti Hit The Stage In A Sexy Leather Look
- Kanye West Seen Shopping At Balenciaga While Wearing A German Reich Shirt, Allegedly
- Rickey Smiley’ Mourns The Loss Of His Son Brandon
- Keke Palmer Shares A Peek Into Her ‘Once Upon A Baby’ Themed Baby Shower
- Angela Simmons Gives Us Fashion Goals In A Silver Two Piece Set
- Jordyn Woods Responds To A Woman Who Criticized Her New Clothing Line
- Lori Harvey Stepped Out For Dinner In Maison Margiela