Trenton Lewis will never forget the day two years ago he found out he was going to be a father. Lewis after the birth of his child worked different jobs to make ends meet then landed a job UPS. He was excited, but had to walk over eleven miles to and from work.
When his co-workers found out they wanted to do something special for him. Patricia Bryant and her husband, Kenneth were so impressed with him that they began a fundraiser. Everyone at UPS donated towards it and was able to raise almost $2,000.
Bryant said, “For a young person to decide in their mind, ‘if I don’t have a ride, if I can’t get a ride, then I’ll walk. If a guy can do that, we can pitch in to help.” They ended up buying him a 2006 Saturn Ion and fixed it up. Lewis couldn’t believe it and was so happy. He said, “God always has something for you. I’m never going to forget this ever.”
- African Americans Who Lead HIV Diagnoses May Get Game-Changing Treatment
- J. Prince Says Of Pusha T: “He’s Like An Ant To Us … We Can Crush Him Anytime”
- I’m Good Beloved, Enjoy: Rihanna Declines Super Bowl Halftime Show In Support Of Colin Kaepernick
- Reality Check: Black Soccer Dad Could Have Been Arrested Or Worse For Doing Nothing Wrong
- Dr. Collier: “The Flu Vaccine Does Not Give You The Flu” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Victor Cruz Sounds Like He’s This Close To Putting A Ring On Karrueche Tran’s Finger
- Kirk Franklin’s Biological Father Passes Away [EXCLUSIVE]
- Toronto Police Got Petty About Irrational 9-1-1 Callers & We Loved Every Moment Of It
- Toya Wright Is Not Here For Reginae Carter’s Relationship: ‘I Don’t Like The Age Difference’
- Cardi B Keeps It Real About Childbirth [EXCLUSIVE]