Stacey Abrams wants to make history by becoming the first Black woman governor of Georgia. In an article on Buzzfeed, Abrams was applauded while speaking to Black teenagers about what her goal was. Over the past couple of years Georgia has been turning into a blue state due to more diverse and college-educated voters.
Her colleague and opponent, Stacey Evan, is a White women with less experience, grew up poor and wants better for kids growing up like her. Reports state that this is a very tense time for the party. Between race and party politics both of these women face challenges.
Abrams is counting on Black voters to help her make history. She must secure the nomination to move on, but some say she is going to lose possibly 23% to 25% of White voters that vote Democrat during the election. Abrams is ready to fight these battles and be the governor of Georgia. We wish her the best of luck!
- Police: Jussie Smollett Is Now a Suspect, Charges Pending
- Next Man Mary J. Blige Dates Must Make More Money Than Her: “I’m Not Taking Care Of Any More Men” [VIDEO]
- Branden Miller Explains Why You Haven’t Seen Joanne The Scammer: “My Mom Died And Then My Life Went Down Hill”
- Amanda Seales Accuses Ex-NFL Player Turned Harvard Neurosurgeon Of Sexual Harassment
- Los Angeles-Bound Plane Forced To Land After Passenger Eats Meth
- Man Awakens To Find Wife Cheating On Him, Then Reportedly Stabs Her Lover
- Covington Teen Caught in Face-Off With Native American Suing Washington Post Over Incident Coverage
- Tristan Thompson Allegedly Cheated On Khloe Kardashian With Kylie Jenner’s BFF
- Man Gets Charged With 1993 Murder After Police Get His DNA Off A Napkin In The Trash
- Le’Andria Johnson Shares Her Testimony About Being In Jail For 30 Days And Overcoming Alcohol Abuse [VIDEO]