Stacey Abrams wants to make history by becoming the first Black woman governor of Georgia. In an article on Buzzfeed, Abrams was applauded while speaking to Black teenagers about what her goal was. Over the past couple of years Georgia has been turning into a blue state due to more diverse and college-educated voters.
Her colleague and opponent, Stacey Evan, is a White women with less experience, grew up poor and wants better for kids growing up like her. Reports state that this is a very tense time for the party. Between race and party politics both of these women face challenges.
Abrams is counting on Black voters to help her make history. She must secure the nomination to move on, but some say she is going to lose possibly 23% to 25% of White voters that vote Democrat during the election. Abrams is ready to fight these battles and be the governor of Georgia. We wish her the best of luck!
- How The Murders Of Mike Brown & Tamir Rice Should Have Been Reported
- Billboard Music Awards 2018 [PHOTOS]
- Cop Falsely Arrests Woman For DUI After Sexually Assaulting Her
- Trumps Messes Up His Own Wife’s Name By Referring To Her As “Melanie”
- LeBron James And Cavs Save Season With Game 3 Win
- Beyoncé Buys Her Own Church In New Orleans
- The Black Choir That Gave Us Chills Singing “Stand By Me” At The Royal Wedding [VIDEO]
- Report: Black Girls With A Positive Racial Identity Perform Better Academically
- Da Brat Shows Rickey Smiley’s Cooking Some Love [EXCLUSIVE]
- Spike Lee’s “BlacKkKlansman” Wins Grand Prix At Cannes