Octavia Spencer always has a special gift in store when certain movies come out. According to Huffington Post, the actress announced that she was going to buy out a screening of the Marvel film “Black Panther” in an underserved community in Mississippi. Spencer believes that certain communities are overlooked and she wants them to have the opportunity to see it.
On Instagram she said, “I will be in [Mississippi] when this movie opens. I think I will buy out a theatre in an underserved community there to ensure that all our brown children can see themselves as a superhero. I will let you know where and when Mississippi. Stay tuned.”
Last year for her film “Hidden Figures” she bought out a screening of it in Los Angeles. She said, “My mom would not have been able to afford to take me and my siblings. If you know a family in need that would like to see our movie but can’t afford it have them come.” “Black Panther” comes out on February 16th and we can’t wait to see it.
- For Papas Who Puff: Check Out These Smoker-Friendly Gifts For Father’s Day
- Michelle Williams Becomes “Merleen” To Clap Back At Fans Canceling “Cater 2 U” By Destiny’s Child
- The History Of Juneteenth Explained
- The RZA Confirms Season 2 Of ‘Wu-Tang: An American Saga’ In 2021
- Pharrell Williams Set To Open Private School For Low Income Families In Virginia
- Do You Live In One Of 2021’s Most Fun States in America?
- Phoenix Suns And Denver Nuggets Fans Get Into Fight: “Suns In Four!”
- Cedric The Entertainer Reacts To Katt Williams ‘Stolen Joke’ Allegations
- A Vaping Violation Leads To Violent Arrest Of 4 Black Teens At Ocean City Boardwalk
- Mommy And Me: Nicki Minaj And ‘Papa Bear’ Wear Coordinating Sweatsuits In Adorable Instagram Photo