Aretha Franklin didn’t even pass away a week ago and people are already screwing up her tributes.
For some insane reason, MTV thought it made perfect sense for Madonna to deliver a tribute to the late, great Queen of Soul at its Video Music Awards Monday night. However, it really wasn’t a tribute. It was Madge in some strange ethnic garb saying she, a “skinny-ass white girl,” sang an Aretha song at an audition and became a star. The speech was narcissistic, uncomfortable and appeared to be pre-written. Who at MTV approved this?
Consequently, Madonna and the VMAs have been destroyed on Twitter. While the tribute was disrespectful, thankfully these hilarious tweets dragging Madonna ease the pain a bit.
- Hot Spot: Video Shows Anne Heche Was Alive When First Responders Rescued Her [WATCH]
- Eva’s Corner: Is It OK For Women To Propose To Men? [WATCH]
- Congrats To Missy Elliott For Getting Her Own Street In Her Hometown Of Portsmouth, Virginia
- Woman Says Attorney Offered Her $200,000 To Lie In Trey Songz Sexual Assault Case
- 2 Dope BFFs From A ‘90s Kinda World Launch ‘The Adult ‘Hood: A Podcast For Geriatric Millennials’
- Will Smith’s Ex Wife, Sheree Zampino Says She Wouldn’t Join Real Housewives Cast If Jada Pinkett Smith Was On The Show
- Interactive Selfie Museum The Black Hair Experience Is Now In Brooklyn
- Fans Can’t Get Enough Of Keke Palmer And Angela Bassett’s Adorable Reunion
- Marlon Wayans Talks HBO Split, Favorite Sibling + Fatherhood Tips
- Marlon Wayans Says an Angry Fan Pinched Him After Watching His Character On The Aretha Franklin Biopic
Like An Appropriator! Madonna And The VMAs Destroyed On Twitter For Bizarre Aretha Franklin Tribute was originally published on newsone.com