The NBA legend, Earvin “Magic” Johnson has joined the bidding group to own the Washington Commanders, sources confirmed. The Hall of Famer will join the Harris group led by Josh Harris who also owns the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL’s New Jersey Devils.
Magic Johnson is currently the part owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers and was The Lakers team president from 2017-2019. He has also invested in other sports teams, including the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks and MLS’ Los Angeles FC.
In November, The Commanders current team owners, Dan and Tanya Snyder announced they will be selling the team and Forbes listed the value of the franchise at $5.6 billion. NFL owners will be meeting in Phoenix next week, so a deal could happen soon but sources say that the sale most likely won’t be approved until late May when the owners meet again.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP AND TAKE US WITH YOU ANYWHERE!
HEAD BACK TO THE RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM HOMEPAGE
READ MORE SPORTS NEWS:
- Reggie Miller Has His Son Talk To The Media At NBA All-Star Weekend In Indianapolis
- Jermaine O’Neal Fell Out of Love with Basketball After the Brawl
- Ralph Sampson Reflects on 1985 All-Star Game Experience
- The Coco Gauff Experience: Following The Young Tennis Star’s Rise To Fame
- SZN Opener: USC Forward Vince Iwuchukwu Talks Joining The Big Ten, Cardiac Recovery & More
- How Has Kobe Bryant’s Net Worth Changed Since His Death?
- SZN Opener: LSU Wide Receiver Kyren Lacy Talks Going From The Sun Belt To The SEC, Player Development & More
- Video Shows Ja Morant Do ‘Trigger Finger’ Celebration During Game Following NBA Star’s Suspension For Guns
- SZN Opener: LSU Guard Aneesah Morrow Talks Leaving DePaul, Learning from Injuries And More
- Who Was The First Black Head Coach In The NFL?
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
And You Woo Woo WHAT?! ‘Embarrassed’ Jeffrey Osborne Concertgoers Seek $2M In Emotional Distress Lawsuit
Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia
Monica Responds To Accusations Of Getting BBL Surgery After Viral Concert Footage Shows Her Curves.
Oh My, Oh Why: Fans Share Reactions To Tyler Perry’s ‘Mea Culpa’ On Social Media
Chilli Faces Backlash After Correcting Fan Who Called Her Chocolate: 'Without A Tan, I’m Caramel'
Outspoken Councilman Eric Mays Passes Away 65
Diddy Hires "Super Lawyer" Who Defended Jeffrey Epstein Co-Conspirator Ghislaine Maxwell