Last Wednesday (Aug. 8), Carol Maraj, the mother of Hip-Hop star Nicki Minaj, sat down with Charles Fisher and The Hip Hop ‘Hood Report for an exclusive, tell-all interview. During the chat, Maraj spoke about an alternate juror who said last fall that he would have acquitted Jelani Maraj in the rape case involving his 11-year-old stepdaughter based on a lack of evidence.
The interview was announced earlier in the month and has since aired once more on New York’s Public Access TV since its initial debut. Fisher pressed Maraj to speak about the juror, who was dismissed and hammered home the stance that her son’s name should be cleared based on what was presented to the court.
Essentially, Maraj believes there were several instances of jury misconduct and that part of the trial was influenced by Wendy Williams’ take on the matter. However, the juror in the matter did believe something happened but not what the jury was told to convict Jelani Maraj for. In the end, Maraj continually presses the fact that an expert said that sex allegedly did not happen between her son and the minor girl and that there are conflicting accounts all around that should move to clear her son’s name.
The entire interview can be viewed in the clip below. Jump to the five-minute mark to hear Carol Maraj speak in detail about the case.
- Rickey Thanks God & You For The Prayers & Messages [WATCH]
- NeNe Leakes Says ‘The Real Housewives’ Franchises “Starless” + Why Chad Johnson Wore Fake Jewelry [WATCH]
- Urban One Inc. Announces Launch of The Urban One Podcast Network
- A Brief History Of Club And House Music
- Fans Are Swooning Over Eric Kofi-Abrefa And We Can’t Blame Them!
- RIP Anthony Lowe: Video Shows LA Cops Chasing Black Man With Amputated Legs Before Shooting Him To Death
- Money On My Mind: Lil Wayne Announces ‘Welcome To Tha Carter Tour’
- Ed Reed Claims BCU Player Was Suspended After Spotlighting Concerns About Resources
- Ride Together, Die Together: Will Smith & Martin Lawrence Announce Bad Boys 4 Is On The Way
- Tech CEO Apologizes For Invoking Martin Luther King Jr. Quote While Laying Off Employees
Mother Of Nicki Minaj Gets Candid About Son’s Child Rape Case was originally published on hiphopwired.com