Jermaine Dupri has been so successful as a music producer, rapper, writer and now he’s about to go on tour for the SoSo Def 25th Anniversary. He spoke to “The Rickey Smiley Show” about the success in the record label and how thankful he is to have touched so many music hits. Dupri mentioned that this is like Barry Gordy taking all of his artists from Motown and creating a tour.
Rickey Smiley mentioned that one of his first opportunities in comedy was opening up for a SoSo Def artist. Silk Tymes Leather was performing and they asked Rickey to open up for them and he will never forget that moment in his life. He was so excited because at that time they were a cool group and people loved them.
Dupri spoke about how he wants this tour to be successful and can’t wait to see artists like Da Brat, Xscape and more to touch the stage. During that time Gary With Da Tea tried to be messy by bringing up Janet Jackson. Da Brat also might have some secrets to spill about Mariah Carey possibly being on the tour, but we will just have to wait for that.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Gary’s Tea: Offset Wants To Be With Cardi B & Kulture For Christmas, Erica Dixon To Return To “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” & More
- Gucci Mane Reveals What He Would Be Doing If He Wasn’t Rapping & How Married Life Is [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Get Well: Michelle Williams Quits Broadway Gig Due To Doctor’s Orders
- Tragic: Window Washer Falls To His Death At Trump Hotel In Las Vegas
- Jury Clears Man Who Blasted ‘F*ck Tha Police’ At Cop Who Pulled Over Black Driver
- Janet Jackson Inducted To Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
- Donnie McClurkin Hospitalized After Serious Car Accident
- Old Bay Salty Over New Bae, Files Lawsuit
- Rickey Smiley Visits Larry King, Reflects On A Time He Was Booed During Comedy Show
- Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’s Tommie Lee Promises Change After Being Freed From Jail…Again