Janelle Monae recently released her new album “Dirty Computer.” On the album there is a part where Stevie Wonder and her are discussing where we are as a people. He spoke about how lyrics and music need to speak from love and Janelle feels that’s what her music does.
She also talked about the music video for “PYNK,” in the video all the ladies are dressed slightly different. To her it was expressing woman’s issues and people policing their bodies. She made the statement that you don’t have to have a vagina to be a woman because many go through similar issues. Headkrack mentioned that some men have a slight problem with it, but it’s good that everyone has a different opinion.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Police Seek To Charge Mother In Death Of Little Black Girl Found In Duffel Bag
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis Removes Michael Jackson Artifacts
- Michael Jackson’s Daughter Paris Denies Suicide Attempt
- Kyle Massey of “That’s So Raven” Accused of Sending Nude Photos to 13-Year-Old In New Lawsuit
- Jess Hilarious Discusses How She’s Grown Personally During Her Rise To Fame [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Serena Williams Sings Karaoke After Pulling Out Of Tennis Match Due To Illness [VIDEO]
- Black Woman Calls Cops On Neighbor Who Threatened Her With A Shotgun, Gets Arrested Instead
- Janelle Monae To Introduce Janet Jackson At The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Ceremony
- 5 Artists Who Transitioned From The Music Studio To The Big Screen
- Cardi B Gives Advice To Fans Battling Depression