Instead of looking to a regular store for a prom dress, one Memphis, Tennessee teen looked to her deceased great grandmother for inspiration.
Skyler Branch of White Station High School decided to honor her dad’s grandmother — whom she was close to — by making a dress dedicated to inspirational Black women.
“She said ‘Mom, there’s been so many extraordinary African-American women who have done so much for me. I want to show them some respect so that they know that not just the older adults, but the younger adults appreciate who paved the way,’” Skyler’s mother told Yahoo Lifestyle.
Skyler found pics of Michelle Obama, Oprah, Taraji P. Henson, Halle Berry and more to add to her dress. Then a seamstress named Shannon Pierce worked her magic!
Now that’s what you call visionary.
- President Biden To Pardon All Federal Offenses Of Simple Marijuana Possession
- Gary’s Tea: Lyfe Jennings Receives Backlash After Sharing His Jeffrey Dahmer Prison Story [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: Brat Talks About Mase & Diddy Beef & How The Music Industry REALLY Works! [WATCH]
- That’s The Way Love Goes: When Commenting “Love from the DMV” On Janet Jackson’s IG Live Causes Mad Confusion
- OVO And Canada Goose Revive Partnership For New Capsule Collection
Teen Wore Michelle Obama, Aaliyah & More On Her Prom Dress [PHOTOS] was originally published on globalgrind.com