It’s a sad day as Rickey Smiley speaks on the death of 4-year-old, Aniya Day Garrett. She was abused by her mother’s boyfriend on multiple occasions and was found unresponsive by paramedics. The little girl had told her dad and others that she was being hurt, but no one would help her dad, Mikhal Garrett.
Rickey spoke about signs of abuse as well as how the system failed her. Dr. Tart was on the show and discussed not introducing your child so early to the new love of your life because you don’t know them. The mother and boyfriend is now being charged. He wants to bring more awareness on child abuse and wants to help the Garrett family.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
RELATED: Did Dennis Edwards Wife Abuse Him?
- Hot Spot: Video Shows Anne Heche Was Alive When First Responders Rescued Her [WATCH]
- Eva’s Corner: Is It OK For Women To Propose To Men? [WATCH]
- Congrats To Missy Elliott For Getting Her Own Street In Her Hometown Of Portsmouth, Virginia
- Woman Says Attorney Offered Her $200,000 To Lie In Trey Songz Sexual Assault Case
- 2 Dope BFFs From A ‘90s Kinda World Launch ‘The Adult ‘Hood: A Podcast For Geriatric Millennials’
- Will Smith’s Ex Wife, Sheree Zampino Says She Wouldn’t Join Real Housewives Cast If Jada Pinkett Smith Was On The Show
- Interactive Selfie Museum The Black Hair Experience Is Now In Brooklyn
- Fans Can’t Get Enough Of Keke Palmer And Angela Bassett’s Adorable Reunion
- Marlon Wayans Talks HBO Split, Favorite Sibling + Fatherhood Tips
- Marlon Wayans Says an Angry Fan Pinched Him After Watching His Character On The Aretha Franklin Biopic