Karma is a b%^ch y’all. Just ask Snapchat, who learned the hard way that boasting ads making light of domestic violence, isn’t good for business…especially when it concerns Rihanna.
According to Time, the company’s stocks plummeted 5 percent on Thursday after the superstar singer blasted them for posting a tone deaf ad asking whether users would rather “slap Rihanna” or “punch Chris Brown.”
Yeah, they tried it. But don’t you worry, Rihanna finished it.
“Now SNAPCHAT I know you already know you ain’t my fav app out there,” the singer wrote in an Instagram story posted Thursday morning.
“But I’m just trying to figure out what the point was with this whole mess! I’d love to call it ignorance but you know I ain’t that dumb! You spend money to animate something that would intentionally bring shame to DV [domestic violence] victims and make a joke of it!!! … Shame on you. Throw the whole app-oligy away.”
Snapchat yanked the ad earlier this week and apologized for their lapse in judgment.
“The advert was reviewed and approved in error, as it violates our advertising guidelines,” they said in a statement to the BBC. “We immediately removed the ad last weekend, once we became aware. We are sorry that this happened.”
However, her fans aren’t really buying any of that:
Are you following Rihanna’s lead and deleting Snapchat from your phone?
- Future Ordered To Take DNA Test To Determine Paternity Of Eliza Reign’s Daughter
- Jay-Z, Yo Gotti Launch 2nd Lawsuit Against Mississippi Prison
- H.E.R Launching Her Own Sunglasses Collection
- DJ Kool Herc & Sister Cindy “The First Lady Of Hip-Hop” Look To Open Hip-Hop Museum In Jamaica
- eBay Not Allowing Any Items From Kobe & Gianna Bryant’s Memorial Service To Be Sold On Its Site
- Hip-Politics: Do You Remember When These Rappers Ran For Office?
- The Fenty Effect? Lane Bryant Adds Much Needed Melanin To Their Mannequins
- ‘The Wire’ Honored With ‘Classic TV’ Award By American Black Film Festival
- Eva’s Corner: Should The Size Of The Ring Matter?!
- Gary’s Tea: Nick Cannon & Tamron Hall Were Almost An Item? [VIDEO]
See The Photos From Rihanna's Extravagant 30th Birthday Celebration
1. Rihanna Turns 30Source: 1 of 8
2. Rihanna Turns 30Source: 2 of 8
3. Rihanna Turns 30Source: 3 of 8
4. Rihanna Turns 30Source: 4 of 8
5. Rihanna Turns 30Source: 5 of 8
6. Rihanna Turns 30Source: 6 of 8
7. Rihanna Turns 30Source: 7 of 8
Snapchat Stock Plummets After Rihanna Blasted Them For Violent Ad was originally published on hellobeautiful.com