For the past four years the people of Flint, Michigan have been fighting to gain back clean water in their homes as well as schools. MLive reports that Will Smith and Jaden Smith’s water company, JUST will donate water monthly to the city until the lead levels are down. Their water company has donated 9,200 bottles so far.
Just Water CEO Ira Laufer mentioned that donating this water is needed. She also said, “This just makes sense for us to do. Jada Smith has visited Flint and met with the mayor. Flint is very dear to her heart … After reading more about [Flint’s] challenges and the mayor objecting to pulling bottled water from the schools, we thought ‘Let’s help these kids.'”
Even though some of the tests from schools show that several have a low level of lead this isn’t fair for them to drink this contaminated water. Flint Mayor Karen Weaver would like state funded bottled water to continue until pipes are replaced. The project won’t be completed until 2020.
- Dr. Fauci Explains Why COVID-19 Cases Are Increasing With The Delta Variant [WATCH]
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Congratulates Rickey Smiley & Da Brat On Their Good News! [WATCH]
- We Will See Da Brat Open Up About Her Relationship In New Reality Show, ‘Brat Loves Judy’
- Aaliyah’s Estate Issues Statement About ‘Unauthorized’ Projects’ & Protecting Her Legacy
- This Post & Delete Video Sparked Dating Rumors Between Yung Miami & Diddy
- Prayers: Comedian Tony Baker’s 21-Year-Old Son Passes Away
- Rickey Smiley Nominated For Syndicated Personality of the Year!
- Simone Biles Shares That Her Aunt Died While She Was Away At The Tokyo Olympics
- Grandmaster Flash Says He Heard Dr. Dre’s New Album And It Will Change The Game
- R. Kelly Says He’s Broke Weeks Before Trial Starts