For the past four years the people of Flint, Michigan have been fighting to gain back clean water in their homes as well as schools. MLive reports that Will Smith and Jaden Smith’s water company, JUST will donate water monthly to the city until the lead levels are down. Their water company has donated 9,200 bottles so far.
Just Water CEO Ira Laufer mentioned that donating this water is needed. She also said, “This just makes sense for us to do. Jada Smith has visited Flint and met with the mayor. Flint is very dear to her heart … After reading more about [Flint’s] challenges and the mayor objecting to pulling bottled water from the schools, we thought ‘Let’s help these kids.'”
Even though some of the tests from schools show that several have a low level of lead this isn’t fair for them to drink this contaminated water. Flint Mayor Karen Weaver would like state funded bottled water to continue until pipes are replaced. The project won’t be completed until 2020.
- How To Get Super Close & Personal With The Rickey Smiley Morning Show! [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: D.A.R.E. Starts Petition To Cancel ‘Euphoria,’ Says Show Glamorizes Kids On Drugs [WATCH]
- Kobe & Gianna Bryant Remembered With A Statue At Crash Site Of Their Deaths
- Bobby Brown Documentary & Docu-Series Show Headed To A&E In 2022
- Mary J. Blige Reveals She Didn’t Feel Beautiful Until 2016
- Hampton Becomes First HBCU To Join Colonial Athletic Association
- Dallas Strip Clubs Hours Of Operation Restricted In Effort to Reduce Crime
- Storm Reid Explains How Having Stylists On-Set Who Don’t Understand Black Hair ‘Feels Dehumanizing’
- Zaya Wade Pays Tribute To Kobe And Gianna Bryant In Yellow Lakers Jersey Dress
- Jennie Nguyen Fired From ‘The Real Housewives’ Over Anti-Black Texts