For the past four years the people of Flint, Michigan have been fighting to gain back clean water in their homes as well as schools. MLive reports that Will Smith and Jaden Smith’s water company, JUST will donate water monthly to the city until the lead levels are down. Their water company has donated 9,200 bottles so far.
Just Water CEO Ira Laufer mentioned that donating this water is needed. She also said, “This just makes sense for us to do. Jada Smith has visited Flint and met with the mayor. Flint is very dear to her heart … After reading more about [Flint’s] challenges and the mayor objecting to pulling bottled water from the schools, we thought ‘Let’s help these kids.'”
Even though some of the tests from schools show that several have a low level of lead this isn’t fair for them to drink this contaminated water. Flint Mayor Karen Weaver would like state funded bottled water to continue until pipes are replaced. The project won’t be completed until 2020.
- Nancy Pelosi Responds With Religion To Reporter Who Asked If She ‘Hates’ Trump [VIDEO]
- Justin Timberlake Addresses Cheating Rumors!
- Watch: Zacardi Cortez Releases Music Video For “You Don’t Know”
- Ayanna Pressley’s New Bill Aims To Stop Racist School-To-Prison Pipeline
- Do Birth Control Pills Change Your Brain?
- Joycelyn Savage Is Still Team R. Kelly, Says He’s Reading Fan Letters
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Prosecutors Ask For Reduced Sentence Thanks to His “Extraordinary” Snitching
- Cardi B Responds To Offset Social Media Hack, “We Good Over Here”
- Taraji (And Her Fro) Slay SELF Cover; Talks Menopause, Mental Health & Jussie
- Could Your Permanent Hair Dye Increase Your Risk Of Developing Breast Cancer?