For the past four years the people of Flint, Michigan have been fighting to gain back clean water in their homes as well as schools. MLive reports that Will Smith and Jaden Smith’s water company, JUST will donate water monthly to the city until the lead levels are down. Their water company has donated 9,200 bottles so far.
Just Water CEO Ira Laufer mentioned that donating this water is needed. She also said, “This just makes sense for us to do. Jada Smith has visited Flint and met with the mayor. Flint is very dear to her heart … After reading more about [Flint’s] challenges and the mayor objecting to pulling bottled water from the schools, we thought ‘Let’s help these kids.'”
Even though some of the tests from schools show that several have a low level of lead this isn’t fair for them to drink this contaminated water. Flint Mayor Karen Weaver would like state funded bottled water to continue until pipes are replaced. The project won’t be completed until 2020.
- 5 Ways To (Not) Celebrate The Fourth Of July
- FedEx Asks That Washington NFL Team Be Renamed, Name Under Review
- We Didn’t Ask For This: NFL To Play Black National Anthem Before Games In Week 1
- The NBA Season Might Be A Wash Due To COVID-19 Says Commissioner Adam Silver
- DJ Akademiks Suspended From Complex For Slandering Chrissy Teigen, Freddie Gibbs Approves
- HU! Five-Star High School Basketball Recruit Makur Maker Commits To Howard University
- The Lingering Relevance Of Frederick Douglass’ ‘What To The Slave Is The Fourth of July?’ Speech
- WNBA’s Maya Moore Welcomes Home Man She Sacrificed Season To Help Free From Prison
- No Laughing Matter: D.L. Hughley Says He Unknowingly Spread The Coronavirus To His Team
- Lawyer Who Pointed Gun At Protestors Says He Feared They Were Going To ‘Kill’ Him