Jordan Peele won Best Original Screenplay at the Oscars this past weekend. During his speech backstage he was overjoyed and talked about how he wanted to give up on his future goals, but was inspired by Whoopi Goldberg’s acceptance speech. Goldberg won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress and talked about how she wanted this all of her life.
Peele when he was younger looked up to directors such as Spike Lee and the Hughes Brothers, but never thought he could do what they did. Between that speech and several Black directors it made him stop doubting himself. He even called and thanked Goldberg when he found out he was nominated.
During his speech, Peele said, “I’m so proud to be a part of a time where I feel like the best films in every genre are being brought to me by my fellow directors.” Peele wants every person to know that they need to keep pushing and not doubt themselves.
- ‘Set it Off’ Remake On the Way with Issa Rae
- Keke Palmer Gets Candid About Zodiac Signs, Advice To Younger Self & More
- Lil Wayne Cancels St. Louis Concert Due To Police Altercation
- Wiz Khalifa Will Play Death In Upcoming Apple TV+ Show ‘Dickinson’
- Kamala Harris Calls For Impeachment Of Brett Kavanaugh After Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- Petty Papi: Drake Trolls Kanye West With New Hoodie
- Tamika Mallory Cuts Ties With Women’s March Amidst Infighting And Anti-Semitism Accusations
- Pimp C’s Wife Congratulates Megan Thee Stallion On Roc Nation Deal, Has A Lit Gift For Her
- Kevin Hart Sued By Sex Tape Partner For $60 Million, Claims He Was In On Secretly Recording It
- Netflix Unveils New “Netflix & Chills” Category & Horror Lineup