Big Sean continues to put on for his city. He plans to open a cinema in his home town.
According to The Detroit News the G.O.O.D. Music artist has partnered with Emagine Entertainment to build out a high-tech entertainment facility. Early reports state that it will house a dozen screens and additional space for “intimate” performances.
Emagine CEO Anthony LaVerde explained how the project came together. “Sean and his team reached out to us about six months ago, discussing Sean’s vision for a theater in Downtown Detroit and his desire to give back to the community and really be a part of the Detroit renaissance. This was his vision in how he can accomplish that.”
Sean detailed the project to The Detroit Free Press as an initiative with the aim of helping advance the Motor City’s economic and social status. ““We want to do something revolutionary with it. We don’t want to just make it a movie theater, traditionally. We also want it to be a hub for entertainment for the whole community. We want people to have an incentive to go the extra miles, to travel into Detroit.”
Emagine has reportedly already purchased land in Detroit’s midtown area to house the theater. It is slated for a 2020 launch.
Earlier this week the I Decided rapper surprised students from the Detroit Public Schools Community District during their trip to see Black Panther.
- What’s Trending: What’s Something New You’ve Tried & Regretted It? [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: Did Ime Udoka Really Cheat On Nia Long With A Mormon White Woman?! [WATCH]
- Ray J Posts & Deletes Suicidal Message On Instagram: “If It Wasn’t For My Kids I Would Jump Off & Die Tonight”
- Ime Udoka’s Alleged Mistress Revealed As 34-Year-Old Married Mormon Kathleen Nimmo Lynch
- Santa Puts In That Work In New ‘Violent Night’ Trailer
- Marjorie Harvey Gives Us Style Goals In An All Black Fit
- Michaela Coel Is Beauty Personified On The Cover Of Vogue Magazine
- President Biden To Pardon All Federal Offenses Of Simple Marijuana Possession
- The Story Of Basketball’s Best Kept Secret Raymond Lewis Revealed In Award-Winning Documentary
- Gary’s Tea: Lyfe Jennings Receives Backlash After Sharing His Jeffrey Dahmer Prison Story [WATCH]