Chloe x Halle have had a stellar run so far, working there way up from YouTube covers, to getting signed by Beyonce, to being a part of the “Grown-ish” cast and penning the theme song. They talk about how much they’ve enjoyed the playing their alter egos, and how the TV opportunity has intertwined with their music career.
Halle, at 17 years old, and Chloe at 19, discuss telling their story through music at a period of rapid growth in their lives. They also talk about what a joy it is to see their fans evolve with them, and to see all the different ages in their fan base. They talk about using their writing as therapy, and the transition from doing covers to making original music. They also reveal who are their inspirations, and how they have all mixed together to create their sound. Check out this exclusive video to hear more in this clip brought to you by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Administrators Suspended Over Racially Insensitive F.I.T. Fashion Show
- Lark Voorhies Opens Up About Managing “Voices In Her Head”
- Listings Showup For Apple’s Over-Ear Headphones Hint At Possible Launch Very Soon
- Is This Good?! Justin Bieber Sings “Never Would Have Made It” [VIDEO]
- WATCH: Trailer For Netflix’s ‘Transformers: War For Cybertron’ Released
- Cardi B. On Zaya Wade: ‘Let People Find Their Own Happiness’
- Eva Marcille And Tyra Banks Reunite On ‘Watch What Happens Live’
- Jada Pinkett Smith Checks Snoop Dogg’s Gayle King Comments
- Erykah Badu Performs With Her Daughter Puma [VIDEO]
- Vanessa Bryant Files Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Helicopter Company After Kobe’s Passing