“Black Panther” comes out in theaters soon and it looks like people are trying to cause controversy around the movie already. According to The Root, a Facebook group, “Down-With-Disneys-Treatment-of-Franchises-and-its-Fanboys” was recently deactivated after they were trying to give the film a bad review on Rotten Tomatoes. The group created an event last week and began stirring up negative reviews.
The event was called “Give Black Panther a Rotten Audience Score on Rotten Tomatoes.” Over 3,700 people participated and tried to give the film bad scores as well as write negative comments. After this happened Rotton Tomatoes immediately issued a statement.
They said, “We at Rotten Tomatoes are proud to have become a platform for passionate fans to debate and discuss entertainment and we take that responsibility seriously. While we respect our fans’ diverse opinions, we do not condone hate speech. Our team of security, network and social experts continue to closely monitor our platforms and any users who engage in such activities will be blocked from our site and their comments removed as quickly as possible.” “Black Panther” is expected to be one of Marvel’s highest grossing films.
- R. Kelly Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison In Federal Sex Trafficking & Abuse Case
- NFL Reportedly Wants Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson To Be Suspended Indefinitely
- Hot Spot: Why Is P-Valley’s Sex Scene Getting Backlash? [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: It’s Gary’s Birthday! + Why Is Drake Ignoring His Fans? [WATCH]
- Jail Justice? Nipsey Hussle’s Accused Murderer Got Slashed, ‘Beaten’ Behind Bars, Lawyer Says
- Lori Harvey Reveals She’s In ‘A Really Good Space’ And Excited About The Summer
- ESPN Announces Full List Of Nominees for 2022 ESPY Awards
- Kyrie Irving Calls Out Stephen A. Smith On Twitter, The ‘First Take’ Host Responds
- Wendy Williams Opens Up About Her Battle With Lymphedema And Discusses Plans For A Podcast
- Florida Bans Cars Playing Loud Music 10 Years After Jordan Davis’ Murder