Chadwick Boseman is in the popular Marvel film “Black Panther” that comes out on February 16th. While filming he would go visit his family in South Carolina. According to Essence, during some of those trips he saw the Ku Klux Klan holding rallies at Walmart.
Boseman said, “When I was shooting Black Panther in Atlanta, I used to drive back on off-days to go see my family in Anderson. It’s about two hours. And I would see the Klan holding rallies in a Walmart car park.” He mentioned, “So it’s like we’re going forwards and backwards at the same time. People don’t want to experience change, they just want to wake up and it’s different. But this — shooting Black Panther and then driving past the Klan —that’s what change feels like.”
Boseman also talked about first hand when he experienced racism in Anderson. He said, “I know what it’s like to be a kid at an ice-cream shop when some little white kid calls you ‘n****r‘, but your parents tell you to calm down because they know it could blow up. We even had trucks try to run us off the road.” “Black Panther” is expected to make close to $150 million during its opening weekend.
- “When We Don’t Vote Speech” From Rev. Dr. Howard-John Wesley Explains Why We Need To Vote [WATCH]
- What Did Kentucky AG Daniel Cameron Actually Present To The Breonna Taylor Grand Jury?
- LeBron James Vows To Continue The Fight For Black Women Following Breonna Taylor Injustice
- Talk Slow: Dapper Dan Details How Luxury Eventually Embraced Hip-Hop
- Cardi B Claims Her DMs Are Flooded Following Split From Offset–“I Could Date Any Man I Want”
- Kanye West Vows To Give Back His 50% Share of Masters To G.O.O.D Music Artists
- Breonna Taylor Case Causes Nationwide Protests After Cops Go Unprosecuted
- Study: Alcohol, Drug-Related Deaths Up Across Maryland Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Jaguar Wright Apologizes To Tiffany Haddish After Accusing Common Of Sexual Assault
- Mural Celebrating Chadwick Boseman At Downtown Disney