“Black-ish” has been a hit on ABC since it began and has only gotten more popular overtime. Ross has not only won a Golden Globe for her role, but recently received a NAACP Award for Outstanding Actress. She is making headlines once again because now she is fighting to get a pay raise so it can be similar to her co-star Anthony Anderson’s level.
According to The Root, at a recent meeting for #TimesUp, actresses not only addressed sexual assault in the workplace, but gender pay gap as well. Ross spoke out about how she is paid significantly less than Anderson for the hit show. ForHarriet.com claims Anderson makes $100,000 per episode, while Tracee Ellis Ross earns $80,000 for each show. Her pay is now being discussed, but she wants a resolution to this.
Ross if she is not paid more is threatening to do less work for the show. She has even spoke about not appearing in as many episodes and doing other work on the side over “Black-ish.” We hope Ross gets a pay raise and this stops within this industry and others.
- Morehouse Employee Placed On Leave After Several Students Allege Sexual Misconduct
- 33 Employees At Japanese Anime Studio Burned Alive By Arsonist Screaming “You Die!”
- Newborn Dies After Grandfather Gives Him Taste Of Alcohol At A Party
- Funnest Reactions To Remy Ma’s “Old Town Road” Remix About Parole [VIDEO]
- Apryl Jones Speaks On State Of Her Relationship With Lil Fizz [VIDEO]
- Sparkle’s Niece Now Working With Authorities In R. Kelly Case
- Taye Diggs Opens Up About His Dating Life & Why He Still Stans For Jussie Smollett [VIDEO]
- DeVon Franklin To Produce Kirk Franklin Biopic
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Lobbied Racist Donald Trump To Help A$AP Rocky
- Beyonce Drops A Visual Masterpiece For ‘Spirit’