“Black-ish” has been a hit on ABC since it began and has only gotten more popular overtime. Ross has not only won a Golden Globe for her role, but recently received a NAACP Award for Outstanding Actress. She is making headlines once again because now she is fighting to get a pay raise so it can be similar to her co-star Anthony Anderson’s level.
According to The Root, at a recent meeting for #TimesUp, actresses not only addressed sexual assault in the workplace, but gender pay gap as well. Ross spoke out about how she is paid significantly less than Anderson for the hit show. ForHarriet.com claims Anderson makes $100,000 per episode, while Tracee Ellis Ross earns $80,000 for each show. Her pay is now being discussed, but she wants a resolution to this.
Ross if she is not paid more is threatening to do less work for the show. She has even spoke about not appearing in as many episodes and doing other work on the side over “Black-ish.” We hope Ross gets a pay raise and this stops within this industry and others.
- Mind Body Business: 3 Signs You May Have A Health Issue During Exercise [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: Here’s Why Drake Wanted To Quit ‘Degrassi’ + New Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre Album Is On The Way
- Raven-Symoné Talks Weight Struggles, Joining ‘The View’ & Mental Disorder For TV One’s ‘UNCENSORED’
- Halle Berry Fights For Redemption In The First Trailer For Her New Netflix Film ‘Bruised’
- Netflix Employees Plan Walkout Over CEO’s Support For Dave Chappelle’s ‘The Closer’
- Aww! Jay-Z’s Reaction To Seeing Kelly Rowland At Last Night’s ‘The Harder They Fall’ Premiere Has Twitter In Their Feelings!
- Justice for Jelani Day: Omega Psi Phi Petition Calls On Feds To Take Over Frat Brother’s Death Investigation
- Beyoncé Breaks The Internet… Again!
- Jazmine Sullivan Comes To Lizzo’s Defense Amid The Backlash On Her Dancehall Dress For Cardi B’s Party
- Toni Morrison & Other Race-Related Books Requested To Be Banned By Virginia Beach School Board Member