“Black-ish” has been a hit on ABC since it began and has only gotten more popular overtime. Ross has not only won a Golden Globe for her role, but recently received a NAACP Award for Outstanding Actress. She is making headlines once again because now she is fighting to get a pay raise so it can be similar to her co-star Anthony Anderson’s level.
According to The Root, at a recent meeting for #TimesUp, actresses not only addressed sexual assault in the workplace, but gender pay gap as well. Ross spoke out about how she is paid significantly less than Anderson for the hit show. ForHarriet.com claims Anderson makes $100,000 per episode, while Tracee Ellis Ross earns $80,000 for each show. Her pay is now being discussed, but she wants a resolution to this.
Ross if she is not paid more is threatening to do less work for the show. She has even spoke about not appearing in as many episodes and doing other work on the side over “Black-ish.” We hope Ross gets a pay raise and this stops within this industry and others.
- Tiffany Boone Speaks On Jason Mitchell Drama, Uncomfortable Work Environment
- KiKi Says She Hates These Things About Girls Trips: “The Girl Constantly Texting Her Man” [VIDEO]
- Ellen Surprises Amazing Black DC Teacher Who Pampers His Students [VIDEO]
- Boris Kodjoe Subtly Reads T.I. on Making Good Decisions For a Successful Marriage
- Esther Scott, ‘Birth Of A Nation’, ‘Boyz N The Hood’ Actress, Dead At Age 66 Of Heart Attack
- Body Of Missing Fort Valley State Student Anitra Gunn Found
- Report: New York Rapper Pop Smoke Shot & Killed In Home Invasion
- BRUH: Man Kidnaps Woman, Forces Her To Watch ‘Roots’ To Better Understand Racism
- Mattel Releases New Doll In Honor Of First-Ever Black Barbie’s 40th Anniversary
- Tracee Ellis Ross Was BOSSED Up In Balenciaga