Colin Kaepernick hasn’t let anyone or anything deter his efforts in helping underfunded communities across the country. In September 2016, Kaepernick made a promise that he would raise $1 million to distribute throughout several charities geared toward specifically assisting these oppressed communities and people of color. His plan was simple: to spread out the donations in $100,000 blocks throughout various charities each month.
Kaepernick has donated over $900,000 to 31 charities and kept track of each donation on his website, Kaepernick7.com. He’s announced that he will be making his final donation of $100,000.
Kaepernick will announce each donation of $10,000 over the next ten days and has called upon several friends and supporters to nominate charities that should receive donations. Reigning NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant is the first to partner with Kaepernick’s donations by suggesting De-Bug, a Bay Area organization that “advocates for criminal justice reform and police accountability.” Durant’s teammate Stephen Curry has announced that he will be donating to Kaepernick’s cause, although Kaepernick has yet to announce it.
You can keep track of Kaepernick’s Million Dollar Pledge with the hashtag “#10For10”.
- Is Your Babe Your Best Friend? 5 Tips To Build Trust In Relationships
- Fight Breaks Out At LeBron James’ Los Angeles Debut, Lakers Lose To Rockets 124-115 [VIDEO]
- Chicago Police Suspect Foul Play In Disappearance of Kierra Coles But Has Poor Record Of Solving Homicides
- Mega Millions Is Officially Mega Billions As Jackpot Reaches $1.6 Billion
- Philly Songwriter Nets $44M In Lawsuit Over Usher Song
- Welp! Katt Williams Slams Hazel E As ‘Light Skin And Ugly’
- Hobosexual Hottie: Dave East Admits Good Looks Helped Keep Roof Over His Head
- How Watching A Married Couple Live Separately Made An Impression On Regina Hall [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Offset and Jay-Z Beef Over New Song? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Recipe: Rickey Smiley Cooks Up A Chicken Pot Pie Blunt [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]