Colin Kaepernick hasn’t let anyone or anything deter his efforts in helping underfunded communities across the country. In September 2016, Kaepernick made a promise that he would raise $1 million to distribute throughout several charities geared toward specifically assisting these oppressed communities and people of color. His plan was simple: to spread out the donations in $100,000 blocks throughout various charities each month.
Kaepernick has donated over $900,000 to 31 charities and kept track of each donation on his website, Kaepernick7.com. He’s announced that he will be making his final donation of $100,000.
Kaepernick will announce each donation of $10,000 over the next ten days and has called upon several friends and supporters to nominate charities that should receive donations. Reigning NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant is the first to partner with Kaepernick’s donations by suggesting De-Bug, a Bay Area organization that “advocates for criminal justice reform and police accountability.” Durant’s teammate Stephen Curry has announced that he will be donating to Kaepernick’s cause, although Kaepernick has yet to announce it.
You can keep track of Kaepernick’s Million Dollar Pledge with the hashtag “#10For10”.
- 3 Tips For Starting A Business, As Told By Tierra Kavanaugh Wayne [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Florida Mom And Test Administrator Mysteriously Vanishes During Finals Week
- Tamron Hall Reveals Why She Kept Her Pregnancy A Secret
- Jeannie Mai Didn’t Speak To Her Mom For 8 Years Because She Didn’t Believe Her Cousin Molested Her
- The Toronto Raptors Gave Drake A Jacket Worth $769K
- Virgil Abloh Gives Serena Williams A 1 of 1 Off-White Nike Air Force 1
- 3-Year-Old Girl Dies After ‘Heinous’ Sexual Assault And Beating, Police Say
- HBO Programming President Says Arya Stark ‘Game of Thrones’ Spinoff Is Not Happening
- Sacramento Cop Under Fire For Putting Plastic Bag Over A Black Boy’s Head During Arrest
- Deep: Big Sean Addresses Nipsey Hussle’s Killer in Instagram TV Video