Colin Kaepernick hasn’t let anyone or anything deter his efforts in helping underfunded communities across the country. In September 2016, Kaepernick made a promise that he would raise $1 million to distribute throughout several charities geared toward specifically assisting these oppressed communities and people of color. His plan was simple: to spread out the donations in $100,000 blocks throughout various charities each month.
Kaepernick has donated over $900,000 to 31 charities and kept track of each donation on his website, Kaepernick7.com. He’s announced that he will be making his final donation of $100,000.
Kaepernick will announce each donation of $10,000 over the next ten days and has called upon several friends and supporters to nominate charities that should receive donations. Reigning NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant is the first to partner with Kaepernick’s donations by suggesting De-Bug, a Bay Area organization that “advocates for criminal justice reform and police accountability.” Durant’s teammate Stephen Curry has announced that he will be donating to Kaepernick’s cause, although Kaepernick has yet to announce it.
You can keep track of Kaepernick’s Million Dollar Pledge with the hashtag “#10For10”.
- Sisters Beat 3-Year-Old To Death With Baseball Bat For Taking Cupcake
- Report: Did Travis Scott Consult With Colin Kaepernick About His Super Bowl LIII Halftime Gig?
- Future Says He’s Quit Lean: “I Didn’t Wanna Tell Nobody I Stopped”
- Yeah, Ok: Rob Kardashian Claims Dinner With Alexis Skyy Wasn’t A Shot At Blac Chyna
- Rihanna Suing Her Dad, Kanye’s Cousin Stealing His Laptop, & More Celebs Who’ve Been Through Some Ugly Family Feuds
- 10 Healthy Meal Delivery Services To Try
- Kim K. Confirms She & ‘Ye Expecting Baby Boy Due “Sometime Soon” [VIDEO]
- Trending Topics: New Record Deal Could Get Mystikal Out Of Jail, Woman Arrested For Drinking Wine From Pringles Can & More
- Twitter Debates Cleopatra’s Ancestry As Lady Gaga & Angelina Jolie Reportedly Compete To Play The Queen
- A Proposed Michigan Law Could Force Trans Inmates to Pay For Their Own Medical Care