Colin Kaepernick hasn’t let anyone or anything deter his efforts in helping underfunded communities across the country. In September 2016, Kaepernick made a promise that he would raise $1 million to distribute throughout several charities geared toward specifically assisting these oppressed communities and people of color. His plan was simple: to spread out the donations in $100,000 blocks throughout various charities each month.
Kaepernick has donated over $900,000 to 31 charities and kept track of each donation on his website, Kaepernick7.com. He’s announced that he will be making his final donation of $100,000.
Kaepernick will announce each donation of $10,000 over the next ten days and has called upon several friends and supporters to nominate charities that should receive donations. Reigning NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant is the first to partner with Kaepernick’s donations by suggesting De-Bug, a Bay Area organization that “advocates for criminal justice reform and police accountability.” Durant’s teammate Stephen Curry has announced that he will be donating to Kaepernick’s cause, although Kaepernick has yet to announce it.
You can keep track of Kaepernick’s Million Dollar Pledge with the hashtag “#10For10”.
- Black Candidates Making Significant Strides In 2018 Primary Elections
- T.I. Spotted Backstage With Another Woman [VIDEO]
- JAY-Z Denies Secret Love Child On “Heard About Us”
- Rich The Kid’s Girlfriend Recounts Home Invasion Assault [VIDEO]
- Airline Industry Seems Unable To Clean Up Its Act When It Comes To Racism
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Drags Her Ex In Rap Song [VIDEO]
- Don’t Believe The Myth That Black Fathers Are Not There For Their Children
- Kyrie Irving Apologizes To His Ex Kehlani On Instagram
- Bus Driver Convicted Of Killing Six Kids In Deadly Crash Now Charged With Rape Of 14-Year-Old Girl
- Kirk Franklin Reveals His Sister Has Been Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison