Colin Kaepernick hasn’t let anyone or anything deter his efforts in helping underfunded communities across the country. In September 2016, Kaepernick made a promise that he would raise $1 million to distribute throughout several charities geared toward specifically assisting these oppressed communities and people of color. His plan was simple: to spread out the donations in $100,000 blocks throughout various charities each month.
Kaepernick has donated over $900,000 to 31 charities and kept track of each donation on his website, Kaepernick7.com. He’s announced that he will be making his final donation of $100,000.
Kaepernick will announce each donation of $10,000 over the next ten days and has called upon several friends and supporters to nominate charities that should receive donations. Reigning NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant is the first to partner with Kaepernick’s donations by suggesting De-Bug, a Bay Area organization that “advocates for criminal justice reform and police accountability.” Durant’s teammate Stephen Curry has announced that he will be donating to Kaepernick’s cause, although Kaepernick has yet to announce it.
You can keep track of Kaepernick’s Million Dollar Pledge with the hashtag “#10For10”.
- A$AP Rocky Says He’s Not Embarrassed By Sex Addiction
- Gabrielle Union Says Casting Director Once Chose Bianca Lawson For A Role Over Her Because She Was “Prettier”
- This Is What Happened When Mike From “Bachelor In Paradise” Asked Keke Palmer Out On A Date On Live TV
- Watch Tisha Campbell Tearfully Reunite With Unsuspecting Half-Sister On The Real
- Hail To The King! Regina King Slays Her Marie Claire Cover
- Lauren London Granted Guardianship Over The Estate of Her & Nipsey Hussle’s Son
- Author Alice Walker Responds To Homophobic Actress Fired From ‘The Color Purple’ Production
- Gabrielle Union Shuts Down IG With Pics Of Her Natural Curls
- Dave East Reflects On How Hiphop Shaped His Upbringing [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Rack City: Tyga Inks Multi-Million Dollar Deal With Columbia Records