In his “Weekly Address,” President Trump shockingly tried to “honor” Civil Right icon Rosa Parks as the 62nd anniversary of her refusing to give up her seat to a white man on a Montgomery, Alabama, bus.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“Her courageous act inspired a young Christian pastor, the Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr, along with thousands of others in Montgomery to join the movement and boycott the city bus service . . . Soon millions of others across the country joined the Civil Rights Movement and helped secure the freedom and the equality that is every American’s birthright,” Trump said.
He added: “Rosa Parks’s legacy continues to inspire our citizens to pursue a better tomorrow and to build a country where every American child — no matter their skin color — can live without fear, dream without limits and take their rightful place in the great story of our nation.”
While Parks always deserves to be celebrated, #45 is the same man who has routinely attacked Black people and people of color at every turn. Just look at the past few months: He has retweeted anti-Muslim videos from a white supremacist, called NFL players “son of a bitch” for kneeling during the National Anthem, called for private citizens such as Jemele Hill to lose her job and called Congresswoman Frederica Wilson a liar.
Oh…and then there was that time earlier this year when he didn’t even know that Frederick Douglas was dead. And then other one when he said there were pretty fine white supremacists protesting in Charlottesville.
So to hear him try to show Parks any kind love or admire for her fight for racial equality, especially since what she she fought for was the exact opposite of what he stands for is quite ironic.
And thankfully, Black Twitter was very quick to point all of that out.
This president y’all.
Do you think Trump deserved to be dragged by Black Twitter for this?
- Quavo Surprises High School Basketball Team With Custom LeBron James Sneakers [VIDEO]
- Netflix’s Most Watched Shows
- Two Suspects Arrested In Murder Of Rapper Chinx Drugz
- Taraji P. Hesnon Is Happily In Love [PHOTOS]
How Rihanna Is More Presidential Than Donald Trump
1. Rihanna Arrives to the Elysee Palace in Paris to meet President Emmanuel Macron1 of 16
2. France's First Lady Brigitte Macron Receives Popstar Rihanna At The Elysee PalaceSource:Getty Images 2 of 16
3. Rihanna at the Elysee PalaceSource:Getty 3 of 16
4. First Lady of France Brigitte Macron and RihannaSource:Getty 4 of 16
5. France's First Lady Brigitte Macron escorts Rihanna inside Elysee PalaceSource:Getty 5 of 16
6. French President Emmanuel Macron and Rihanna6 of 16
7. French President Emmanuel Macron and Rihanna7 of 16
8. Rihanna Talks With The Press Regarding Her Talk With President Macron8 of 16
9. Rihanna with French press9 of 16
10. Rihanna Receives a Humanitarian Award from Harvard University10 of 16
11. Harvard Foundation Honors Rihanna As Humanitarian Of The YearSource:Getty 11 of 16
12. Rihanna Is Good With Kids12 of 16
13. She Shows All Kids Love13 of 16
14. Rihanna Plays With Ashad Khaled14 of 16
15. Rihanna For 202015 of 16
16. Rihanna For President16 of 16