Last week, singer Sevyn Streeter was blocked from singing the national anthem at the Philadelphia 76ers game against the Oklahoma City Thunder after she showed up in a shirt that the organization didn’t like. The 76ers received widespread backlash after Sevyn posted a video to her Instagram immediately after they told her she couldn’t sing.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
If you know anything about R&B and Hip-Hop today, you know that Sevyn Streeter is definitely an artist you would want to sing the national anthem, just based on her sheer talent and skill as singer and performer. Click on the audio player to hear more from Headkrack in this exclusive clip of the Hip-Hop Spot.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” live weekdays 6-10am EST.
RELATED: Sevyn Streeter Talks About The Bad Habit She Can’t Seem To Break [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Should Sevyn Streeter Be Worried About Her Relationship With B.o.B? [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
RELATED: Sevyn Streeter Shares What Attracted Her To B.o.B [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
The National Anthem - Best & Worst Performances
15 photos Launch gallery
1. BEST: Jennifer Hudson - Nailed it! 2009 Super Bowl. (Photo: Retna)
1 of 15
2. BEST: Whitney Houston - Nailed it! - Super Bowl XXV in 1991 (Photo: AP)
2 of 15
3. BEST: Monica Brown - Got It Right! - Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 in 2014
3 of 15
4. WORST: Christina Aguilera - flubbed the lyrics at Super Bowl 45 in 2011. (Photo: AP)
4 of 15
5. BEST: Beyonce - Nailed it! Super Bowl XXXVIII in 2004. (Photo: Retna)
5 of 15
6. WORST: Keri Hilson met with some major booing after messing up the song at a Lakers game. (Photo: Retna)
6 of 15
7. WORST: Steven Tyler - butchered the song at the AFC Championship game in Massachusetts earlier this year. (AP)
7 of 15
8. BEST: Mariah Carey - Nailed it! Super Bowl 2002. (AP)
8 of 15
9. WORST: Roseanne Barr butchered the song at a 1990 San Diego Padres game, which sent the crowd into a frenzy. (AP)
9 of 15
10. BEST: Fergie got some high praise for her performance of the National Anthem for Monday Night Football in September-2011.
10 of 15
11. WORST: Michael Bolton had the lyrics written on his hand and still managed to mess up. Fenway Park - 2003. (Photo: AP)
11 of 15
12. BEST: Kelly Rowland -Nailed it! Bears vs. Giants in October 2010. (Photo: Retna)
12 of 15
13. WORST: R. Kelly was booed by a Las Vegas audience at a boxing match in 2005 for his rendition of the Anthem. (Photo: Retna)
13 of 15
14. BEST: Kelly Clarkson - Nailed it! Super Bowl XLVI. (Photo: AP)
14 of 15
15. WORST: Scotty McCreery flubbed the lyrics while singing the National Anthem for the World Series in 2011. (Photo: AP)
15 of 15