Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The rock star recently spoke with Rolling Stone magazine and touched on racial injustice in America, the “moron” who is Donald Trump, and Hillary Clinton‘s potential as possible president of the United States.
“Well, it’s all chickens coming home to roost,” Springsteen said on the topic of Black Lives Matter. “These are issues that have been ignored or hidden, and due to modern technology and the availability of cellphone cameras and constant video feed, these things are coming to the surface….
“Black Lives Matter is a natural outgrowth and response to the injustices that have been occurring for a very long time in the United States” he added, and we couldn’t have said it any better ourselves.
Springsteen didn’t mince words when discussing Trump’s “tragic” campaign for the White House, either:
“The republic is under siege by a moron, basically. The whole thing is tragic,” said Springsteen. He then went on to add, “Without overstating it, it’s a tragedy for our democracy. When you start talking about elections being rigged, you’re pushing people beyond democratic governance. And it’s a very, very dangerous thing to do. Once you let those genies out of the bottle, they don’t go back in so easy, if they go back in at all.”
He thinks Clinton, on the other hand, would make a “very, very good president.” Thoughts?
19 Surprising Facts About Prince
1. Prince wrote his first song at age 7. He titled it "Funk Machine."Source:Getty 1 of 19
2. Prince once sued Adobe Photoshop to prevent fans from altering his photos. Unfortunately, he lost.Source:Getty 2 of 19
3. Prince's favorite meal was spaghetti and orange juice.Source:Getty 3 of 19
4. The "Purple Rain" soundtrack spent 24 weeks at number one on Billboard.Source:Getty 4 of 19
5. Michael Jackson's "Bad" was supposed to be a duet with Prince.Source:Getty 5 of 19
6. Prince was a devout Jehovah's Witness.Source:Getty 6 of 19
7. In 1980, when John Lennon was murdered, Prince was only a few blocks away.Source:Getty 7 of 19
8. Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks was supposed to write "Purple Rain," but couldn't handle the pressure.Source:Getty 8 of 19
9. Family and friends called Prince "Skipper" as a kid.Source:Getty 9 of 19
10. In 1984, Prince not only had the number one movie in the country, but also the number one single & album.Source:Getty 10 of 19
11. Despite his small stature, Prince was a remarkable basketball player.Source:Getty 11 of 19
12. Prince formed his first band when he was 13 years old.Source:Getty 12 of 19
13. In 2012, Prince dissed Maroon 5 for covering "Kiss."Source:Getty 13 of 19
14. In 2013, Prince performed at "Star Wars" director George Lucas' wedding.Source:Getty 14 of 19
15. The movie "Purple Rain" cost $7 million to make and grossed over $69 million.Source:Getty 15 of 19
16. Prince scrapped his 1987 album "The Black Album" just days before its release.Source:Getty 16 of 19
17. Prince penned The Bangles' "Manic Monday" and Chaka Khan's "I Feel For U."Source:Getty 17 of 19
18. Prince's dad once had a band called Prince Rogers Jazz Trio.Source:Getty 18 of 19
19. Prince sent Janelle Monae a singing telegram asking for a copy of her "The Electric Lady" album.Source:Getty 19 of 19
SOURCE: Rolling Stone | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty