For the past eight-plus years, it’s been completely exhausting to see the Conservative Right invoke every racist and sexist stereotype they know to describe First Lady Michelle Obama. The utterly gorgeous and flawless woman has sadly been compared to primates and called “fat,” “angry” and “unintelligent,” which for the record, she is the only first lady to hold two Ivy League degrees. She even had to “reintroduce” herself to America in order to soften her image during President Obama’s first presidential campaign.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
And just when one thought it couldn’t get any worse, it did.
On Friday, conservative cartoonist Ben Garrison, tweeted the following picture comparing a very masculine, unattractive and angry-looking FLOTUS to a sweet, petite and beautiful white Melania Trump. To add to insult to injury, FLOTUS has a bulge in her dress with the caption: “#InTrumpsAmerica The #FirstLady will be Great Again! #Trump2016.”
This is so horrible and hurtful as it continues to perpetuate this falsehood that Black women are not as beautiful as white women, or beautiful period. Not to mention it plays up the angry Black woman trope. Seriously, when will it stop?
Better yet, why even attack Michelle, given that her husband isn’t even running against Trump? And while referring to Melania as a gold digger or to show her past half-naked modeling pics isn’t the answer either, it can’t be denied how hypocritical accepting her and dissing FLOTUS really is, especially for a party that claims it stands on a higher moral ground than the Democrats. The blind eye they are turning is noted and not appreciated.
And of course, folks snapped off:
In typical fashion, Garrison later bragged about new Twitter followers as a result of the cartoon and called those upset “cry babies,” The Daily Mail wrote. He also claimed the cartoon was satire, but funny how he depicts Donald Trump as a hero:
FLOTUS Then & Now: Michelle Obama Looks Better Than Ever!
1. Michelle Obama in 20081 of 20
2. Michelle Obama in 20082 of 20
3. Michelle Obama in 20093 of 20
4. Michelle Obama in 20094 of 20
5. Michelle Obama in 20095 of 20
6. Michelle Obama in 20096 of 20
7. Michelle Obama in 20097 of 20
8. Michelle Obama in 20108 of 20
9. Michelle Obama in 20109 of 20
10. Michelle Obama in 201010 of 20
11. Michelle Obama in 201111 of 20
12. Michelle Obama in 201112 of 20
13. Michelle Obama in 201113 of 20
14. Michelle Obama in 201314 of 20
15. Michelle Obama in 201415 of 20
16. Michelle Obama in 201416 of 20
17. Michelle Obama in 201517 of 20
18. Michelle Obama in 201618 of 20
19. Michelle Obama in 201619 of 20
20. Michelle Obama in 201620 of 20
First Lady Michelle Obama Completely Disrespected In Racist Cartoon was originally published on hellobeautiful.com