Pittsburgh, PA hip hop artist Mac Miller has never been your conventional rapper, but his latest stream of consciousness still came as a slight surprise to his massive fan base.
On Tuesday evening, the 23-year-old emcee stirred up the already-heated conversation surrounding the topics of reverse racism and the lack of public support for the Black Lives Matter Movement from the 2016 presidential hopefuls just hours before the latest round of GOP debates got underway.
Taking his fellow white hip hop fans to task over what they’ve personally done to bring awareness to social injustices against African-Americans, Mac sent a shockwave through his social media space with this single Tweet.
Although his question was met with mixed reactions from his followers, Mac continued speaking on the topic to further emphasize his message, eventually alluding to the prejudice nature of Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump’s general disposition as a potential leader of the free world.
Refreshing to see someone from the hip hop community who we wouldn’t expect to speak out on this topic take such a public stance, isn’t it?
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Khloe Kardashian, Mac Miller, Lindsay Lohan, & More
1. Mac Miller was spotted kicking back in Soho. Where's his jacket tho?Source:Splash 1 of 10
2. That baby is going to be the next Rihanna! Simon Cowell touches a pregnant woman's belly while on vacation in Barbados.Source:Splash 2 of 10
3. Blowing kisses to the haters. Khloe Kardashian hosted The 'Last Tuesday of 2014' Party at 1Oak Nightclub inside Mirage Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.Source:Splash 3 of 10
4. Gwen Stefani bundled up and tried staying warm after hitting the slopes with husband Gavin Rossdale in Mammoth Lakes, CA.Source:Splash 4 of 10
5. Jenny McCarthy sips her hot coffee through a straw while rehearsing for New Year's Eve with Ryan Seacrest in Times Square, New York City.Source:Splash 5 of 10
6. Brody Jenner is hitting up Chi-Raq for New Year's, as he was spotted departing Los Angeles.6 of 10
7. "Real Housewives of New York" stars Kelly Bensimon and Ramona Singer spend the day at Miami Beach.Source:Splash 7 of 10
8. The ever-stylish Lindsay Lohan keeps it casual as she hops on a plane at LAX.Source:Splahs 8 of 10
9. The most exciting couple in New York were spotted walking together again. Andrew Garfield and girlfriend Emma Stone hit up a coffee shop in the West Village of New York City.Source:Splash 9 of 10
10. Adrian Grenier, wearing orange sneakers and a Nike tank top, runs with a mystery woman and is seen having a laugh while on the boardwalk in Miami Beach, Florida.Source:Splash 10 of 10
Mac Miller Asks White Hip Hop Fans: “What Have You Done For The #BlackLivesMatter Movement?” [POLL] was originally published on theurbandaily.com