On the upcoming episode of Drink Champs, airing this weekend, Murder Inc. head honcho Irv Gotti said more than a mouthful.
Gotti appeared on the show to promote the upcoming docu-series on his infamous label, premiering August 9 on BET. However, it’s one drunken admission that’s got the entire internet scratching their heads.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP AND TAKE US WITH YOU ANYWHERE!
In a clip that host N.O.R.E. shared on his Twitter, Gotti recounts the moment that he found out that his artist Ashanti was dating rapper Nelly. Now, Gotti’s history with the Foolish singer has been complicated, at the very least. However, we were not expecting the revelation that Gotti was flat-out heartbroken when he found out.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
This is straight-up creepy on three levels. One, Ashanti was his employee. Two, she is 12 years his junior. Three, and perhaps the most important point… IRV WAS A WHOLE MARRIED MAN.
We’re not going to assume, but this looks very sketchy. But, don’t take our word for it. Check out some of the reactions below.
- GRAPHIC: Tyre Nichols “Inhumane” Body Cam Footage Released
- Virginia Library Pays Nikole Hannah-Jones More Than $35K For ‘The 1619 Project’ Speech, And Some Are Unhappy
- Michole Briana White: Where You Know The Actress Who Plays Lucille Flenory On ‘BMF’ From
Twitter Reacts To Irv Gotti’s “Drink Champs” Revelation on Ashanti was originally published on hiphopnc.com
1. Glad that the wife could support him. LOL
2. Definitely giving James St. Patrick energy
3. The hypocracy of it all…
4. Aht aht!
5. *Cue sad violins*
6. Right! The audacity!
7. Aye, leave Ray J outta this! He’s dealing with enough!
8. I mean… since he’s in the talking mood…
P.S. No, Ashanti will not be a part of the docu-series… in case you were wondering.
9. And finally… a video of Ashanti living her best, unbothered life.
Because… what other way to end this post?