The 31-year-old model recently shared her story with Oprah Winfrey as part of the iconic talk show host’s new Apple TV + series Oprah Talks COVID-19.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
According to Page Six, Sabrina was tested the morning she went on Oprah’s special.
“I’ve been tested — actually, I found out this morning, Oprah, that I tested positive,” she said on Saturday (March 21).
She added she wasn’t surprised by her diagnosis.
“As soon as I heard that Idris was potentially exposed, I was on my way anyway and I wanted to be with him, I think that’s an instinct as a wife you just want to go and take care.”
“We didn’t change the way we interacted. I could have made a decision to put myself in a separate room or maybe stay away and I’m sure people are making those decisions, they’re tough decisions to make. But I made the decision to want to be with him and still touch him.”
Idris also wasn’t shocked by his wife’s diagnosis either.
“If I’d caught it, she’d certainly caught it as well,” he said.
Take a peek:
View this post on Instagram
Like millions of people all over the world, I've been staying safer at home for over a week now. I know a lot of people are feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and uncertain. Because of that, I wanted to offer some hope and gather thought leaders and people going through it to add some perspective. Which is why I FaceTimed Idris Elba and his wife Sabrina who are safely quarantined together after he tested positive for COVID-19. Idris fills me in on his journey and Sabrina reveals the result of her test after they decided to quarantine together. Tap the link in my bio to watch our conversation for FREE on the Apple TV app (on your phone) or visit apple.co/oprahtalks
What did disturb the married couple was that neither one was showing any signs or symptoms of the virus when they tested positive. In the meantime, Sabrina says they are staying in and enjoying each other’s company, including Idris serenading folks with his guitar.
“You know what? He’s not bad. I don’t mind him playing it. It’s kind of romantic,” she said.
Sending all the get well wishes to the beautiful couple! Stay safe, inside and healthy.
Stream Sabrina’s Oprah’s COVID-19 episode for free here.
LEARN MORE about the coronavirus epidemic, how to protect yourself, symptoms and more at cdc.gov.
Social-Distancing Diaries: How Your Favorite Celebs Are Holding Up At Home
1. Idris ElbaSource:Twitter 1 of 35
2. Halle BerrySource:Instagram 2 of 35
3. Noelle Robinson & Girlfriend Alexis PowellSource:Instagram 3 of 35
4. Lala & KiyanSource:Instagram 4 of 35
5. Ciara & Baby Boy FutureSource:Twitter 5 of 35
6. Draya6 of 35
7. Keke PalmerSource:Instagram 7 of 35
8. Rick RossSource:Instagram 8 of 35
9. Tisha CampbellSource:Instagram 9 of 35
10. Kerry Washington10 of 35
11. Cardi B11 of 35
12. Mariah Carey12 of 35
13. Mj Rodriqguez13 of 35
14. Tracee Ellis Ross14 of 35
15. Idris ElbaSource:Instagram 15 of 35
16. YandySource:Instagram 16 of 35
17. Savannah JamesSource:Instagram 17 of 35
18. Marsai MartinSource:Instagram 18 of 35
19. Ciara, Russell and their babiesSource:Instagram 19 of 35
20. Kaavia Union WadeSource:Instagram 20 of 35
21. Tamron Hall & Son MosesSource:Instagram 21 of 35
22. Aurora PerrineauSource:Instagram 22 of 35
23. Nene Leakes & Her FamilySource:Instagram 23 of 35
24. Porsha WilliamsSource:Instagram 24 of 35
25. Audra McDonaldSource:Instagram 25 of 35
26. LeToya LuckettSource:Instagram 26 of 35
27. Zoe KravitzSource:Instagram 27 of 35
28. Viola DavisSource:Instagram 28 of 35
29. Justine SkyeSource:Instagram 29 of 35
30. Cardi BSource:Instagram 30 of 35
31. Cynthia BaileySource:Instagram 31 of 35
32. Naomi CampbellSource:Instagram 32 of 35
33. Serena WilliamsSource:Instagram 33 of 35
34. LizzoSource:Instagram 34 of 35
35. Kandi , Riley, Todd and Ace35 of 35
HEAD BACK TO THE RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM HOMEPAGE
Oh No! Idris Elba’s Wife Sabrina Dhowre Tests Positive For COVID-19 was originally published on hellobeautiful.com