Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
According to Dateline, Tika Sumpter will portray Alicia, Rainbow’s mother. We love Sumpter and we’re glad she got the role; although it may be a little odd being that Alicia is currently played by Anna Deavere Smith.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Just in case you’re not up on Black-ish, this is how Smith looks, by the way:
Smith is the lady in red standing beside Beau Bridges, who portrays Rainbow’s father. If you notice, the two wouldn’t be able to share foundation. if you catch my drift.
Black-ish doesn’t have an in-studio audience, but there’s no way they can’t address this stark difference to the audience watching at home, even as a nod. Break that punny fourth wall!
The pilot is reportedly in the works now, but if it gets picked up for series, it’ll be the second Black-ish spin-off, after Freeform’s Grown-ish. A title for the Bow project hasn’t been released as of yet, but we’ll keep an eye on this one.
TV Shows Cancelled Due To Controversy
1. Sorority Sisters1 of 8
2. Honey Boo Boo2 of 8
3. The Cosby Show3 of 8
4. Michael Sam's upcoming OWN reality show4 of 8
5. Stephen Collins' '7th Heaven' reruns5 of 8
6. Ceelo Green's 'The Good Life'6 of 8
7. Bill Cosby's upcoming NBC sitcom 'Cosby 77'7 of 8
8. 'Sorority Sisters'8 of 8
ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- Jhene Aiko Responds To Pregnancy Rumors
- LaLa Anthony Says Fighting Against ‘Basketball Wife’ Label Hurt Relationship With Carmelo
- New Study Reveals Marijuana Before Sex Could Lead To Mind Blowing Orgasms
Tika Sumpter To Portray Young Rainbow’s Mom In ‘Black-Ish’ Spinoff was originally published on blackamericaweb.com