MTV’s groundbreaking reality show “The Real World” will be making a coming back, but things are going to differ on a much grander and interactive scale this time around.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
MTV is helping Facebook build a stronger presence in the original video content arena by bringing its popular reality show “The Real World,” to the social media giants video hub Facebook Watch exclusively in 2019. This time around though things will be much different, the show will be “reimagined” and will be produced in the United States, Mexico, and Thailand.
The new Real World will also be more interactive giving watchers the ability to shape the show by allowing them to chose cast members as well and interact with housemates using FaceBook’s video tools like Watch Party, Premieres and Live.
Chris McCarthy, President of MTV, had this to say about the new Real World:
“MTV’s The Real World helped to define a generation and created a new genre of television with a simple yet powerful idea of connecting people from wildly divergent backgrounds to find common ground on the issues that often divided them. By partnering with Facebook Watch and BMP [the production company], we have the opportunity to impact culture and create a new genre of television all over again, while engaging the next generation of content consumers around the world.”
Sounds like a unique way to breath life into a famed reality show franchise. MTV and FaceBook Watch might be onto something here. You can check out the sneak peek for the “reimagined” version of The Real World below.
- A Dallas Man Has Been Indicted For Rapper MO3’s Murder
- Assault Victim Claims Associates of Kenneth Petty And Nicki Minaj Harassed Her
- Eddie Murphy Reveals His Plans To Return To Stand-Up
- Zaya Wade Interviewing Her “Idol” Michelle Obama Is All Of Us
- T.I. & Tiny’s Lawyer Shuts Down Claim They Tried Giving Alleged Sex Abuse Victims A “Deal”
- WNBA Champion Candace Parker Used Her G-14 Classification To School Shaq On Modern Basketball
- Gary’s Tea: Can We Really Compare Chloe Bailey To Beyonce’? [WATCH]
- Kenya Moore Says LaToya Ali Kissing Other Women Didn’t Make Her Jealous
- Maia Chaka Makes History As The First Black Woman Referee To Join NFL
- After Being Sued By Her Sister, Mariah Carey’s Brother Is Now Suing For “Emotional Distress”
MTV’s ‘The Real World’ Will Be Getting An Interactive Makeover On Facebook Watch [VIDEO] was originally published on hiphopwired.com