Mashonda Tifere got married to music producer Swizz Beatz in 2004 and years later the couple went through a divorce. Many blamed singer, Alicia Keys for their breakup because the two were allegedly dating while Swizz was separated from Mashonda. After six years, therapy sessions, forgiveness and more Mashonda is giving all the details about how her, Swizz and Alicia are a beautiful blended family.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Swizz and Mashonda share their son, Kasseem together and in her new book “Blend,” according to The Jasmine Brand she talked about how she moved passed everything that happened after her marriage ended. In an interview she revealed that it took her eight years to pen this book and each step she took to create this family she has now. On co-parenting, Mashonda said, “When you have children, and they have questions, and you can feel their energy shifting, based on the energy you’re giving them. If you’re a parent, you know you have to make the change…I was like it’s time. I didn’t want him to grow up feeling the way I felt. I knew it was time to start making conscious changes and decisions.”
Years ago rumors were put out that Mashonda has called Alicia a homewrecker and finally she was able to clear the air about it. Mashonda said, “I have never used that word once [homewrecker]. It was not a word I felt good about. We had a lot of miscommunication in the beginning, but we have worked through it. And when I say worked through it, we have set at tables together and discussed everything from the beginning up until where we are now, and we do this often.”
- Antoine Fuqua & Wife Lela Rochon All Smiles At Daughter’s Play Post-Scandal [PHOTO]
- Admit It: You Totally Forgot About These Disney Channel Movies
- New Research Shows Fewer Americans Believe In God
- Who Wore It Best? Beyoncé, Eve, And Kourtney Kardashian All Love This Blinged Out Naeem Khan Suit [POLL]
- Bag Secured: Stephen A. Smith Now ESPN’s Highest Paid Sportscaster
- Instagram Annouces It Will Begin Test Hiding Likes In The US, Nicki Minaj & Cardi B Have Thoughts
- Drake Reportedly Breaks Silence After Getting Booed Off Stage, As Tyler The Creator Calls Fans “Entitled and Trash”
- Kevin Hart Gives Touching Speech At People’s Choice Awards In First Public Appearance Since Car Crash
- Watch Trina Put Woman In Place At Wal-Mart For Using A Racial Slur [VIDEO]
- Lecrae On Kanye West’s ‘Jesus Is King’ Album: “Even If He’s Insincere, The Gospel Message Is Very Clear And Evident” [VIDEO]